Post Weekly Dev Blog - 14th December
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/weekly-d ... -december/

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:01 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog - 14th December
I would like to point out that the giant stars are dumb and no one likes them. They are an inconvenience to fly around, they stop you from APing into AI bases, and they spread the wormholes and galaxies out way to fucking far.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:15 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Also, a question for Markoz's change. How will Undead Miners, Christmas Tree Cutters, etc... be affected by the extractor change? They are low tech extractors, however there is quite a bit of a market for them as right now they buy you another set of extractors. Is it possible we could see them scaled up in tech levels so that they can remain useful?

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:17 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Also, a question for Markoz's change. How will Undead Miners, Christmas Tree Cutters, etc... be affected by the extractor change? They are low tech extractors, however there is quite a bit of a market for them as right now they buy you another set of extractors. Is it possible we could see them scaled up in tech levels so that they can remain useful?

My thought was simlar, though i would not classify tech 15 as low tech. Will we possibly get a method of acquiring undead miners outside of Halloween (I did not say a simple method, simply a method), or will some other tech 12/16/20 mining items be made available?

Last edited by lrellok on Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:47 pm
Team: Suits
Main: egrosphere
Level: 4

I don't plan on giant, supergiant and hypergiant stars combined appearing any more regularly than red giants already do, in fact the average size of giant (and larger) stars should be smaller than the average size of red giants now; there will just be more variety in the appearance and size of them.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:08 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

ShawnMcCall wrote:

They are not low tech. Undead Metal Miners will have their power set to 3.5 so when you use them it's like you have Metal Drills and Advanced Metal Drills equipped as well.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:17 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Is this because traders have hundred of Kikale extractors ?

Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:28 am
Profile WWW
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

lol

Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:09 am
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

ShawnMcCall wrote:

Heya, yeah we'll aim to make sure the extractors are still very useful as enkelin already pointed out. I've put it on the blog so people are informed about the change as I felt the community needed to know before the change.

The change isn't my idea/push, im just informing you of the change and anything you may have issues with it or suggestions! :)

This change will probably happen at the universe reset to not make issues for players that already have all there bases setup.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:21 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

ahh, the old OBAFGKMLT. As an astrophysicist, I approve.

Only Boring Astronomers Find Gratification Knowing Mnemonics Like This

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:32 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

sabre198 wrote:

I can confirm I have sold enk every single Kikale extractor I have extracted during my SS career.

It was around 100 Kikale extractors - one uni non stop extract.

Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:47 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Antilzah wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

I can confirm I have sold enk every single Kikale extractor I have extracted during my SS career.

It was around 100 Kikale extractors - one uni non stop extract.

Lol, way to stir the pot.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:03 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Anaria was on discord tonight taking suggestions on the new weapon system.

Enk, if i wanted to play a game with 2 dozen weapons, i would be playing Astroflux. You do not make a successful product by doing what everyone else is doing, you make a successful product by finding what other companies missed and doing that. What make SS2 strong is the build diversity. There are a hundred other games with streamlined builds. I am not playing any of those because I absolutely hate that type of game.

Edit; NM apparently he does not have a direct line to deve team and you did not unilaterally mandate that all of his changes go through ASAP. Seriously, you need to get rid of that dolt, me and maxa spent two hours yelling at him last night.

Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:36 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

Maybe you shouldn't trust people that don't have the Development Tag or Admin Tag.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:39 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

KonanCruss2 wrote:
Maybe you shouldn't trust people that don't have the Development Tag or Admin Tag.

I don't trust you.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:48 pm