Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 21st December
Tomzta09 wrote:
Hober, are you trying to say that there will be 3 Adv. Skills you can choose now instead of two?

YES!

Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:16 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

Hober Mallow.

Stop.

I've got no better way to word this: what the actual fuck are you doing?

You've nerfed fighters into the ground, into a realm of uselessness. The dev team thinks wild bots are actually powerful. And you want to nerf MF bots into the ground.

Do you want this game to die? The bot nerfs affect more than just FCs.

Fighters:
Previously, I sometimes used Lice fighters on my slaves as well as my main ship. I'd also carry quite a variety of fighters. The reasons I used the Lice Fighters were:
1. They did some notable DPS.
2. The main fighters avoided the battle and died less.
3. They were small! (something like size 3, each)
4. They weren't too difficult to stock up on during Easter.
5. They don't use an enormous amount of energy to launch.
6. I can launch them from slaves.

5 out of these 6 reasons will no longer exist.
Now:
2. They stay out when launched and circle the host ship, such that they are more susceptible to death.
3. Generators are enormous in size. I might use ONE on main ship. The Lice Generator is size 350 and produces a maximum of 3 Lice. Before, 350 size would equal a stock of over 100 Lice Fighters in the ship, while also not limited to having a maximum of 3. Sure my main ship has 1.5k free hull space, but I'd like some for loot!
4. Take Lice Fighter generators: it produces a maximum of 3. Are you serious?
5. They use a stupid amount of energy to launch! Lice take 53K energy? WTF???
6. Will never fit the generators in slaves. Can't even pre-generate more than 3 in a slave's ship.

YOU'VE ACTUALLY MANAGED TO NERF FIGHTERS WITH THIS "REVAMP"

Wild Bots
are a joke. They have always been a joke, and they continue to be a joke. They were cheap DPS but have always been hilariously inferior to actual geared combat bots. Stop acting like they were actually competitive. I never even seriously used wild bots, and I think that nerfing them is stupid.

MF Bots
This change goes in, Jv2 is 100% outta here as FC will be dead. I honestly don't even know what to say, because I don't know what the hell you're thinking here. If you want to beef other bots, okay. But nerfing MF bots gets the out-of-touch developer award of the year. They already use 2x the electricity because you're shooting 2x the weapons. The Snownet bot is a good example of a bot that competes with MF bots.

------------------------

I'm a good goddamn FC, I did a lot of precision calculating on setups to accomplish what I can. Using me as an example of a typical FC is like using a dinosaur as an example of a typical reptile.

FC has been fine. FC has never been more balanced. I just shitpost about me being really good, that doesn't mean that 99% of FCs are, because they aren't.

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:00 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Wild bots were most definitely to strong when you could grab 5 of them. As it is right now FCs are in a perfect spot in my opinion. Im in favor of slightly nerfing wild bots a little more and beefing fighters to compensate. Simply adding more dps to FC via fighters will just put it us back to having FC be to overpowered again. However if you nerf the current wild bots slightly and beef fighters to compensate you will encourage FCs to use every tool at their disposal instead of forcing them to choose.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:13 pm

The fighter change is a very, very hard nerf. Honestly, you didn't even need to beef fighters' DPS or add generators - things that in the way they were added inadvertently nerfed fighters into oblivion. Just make destroyed fighters pop back into your ship to be repaired, and drop their sizes to between 3 and 15.

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:25 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

cej1120con wrote:
The Snownet bot is a good example of a bot that competes with MF bots.

That's actually very much untrue. All this does is add 100% damage to a bot. So if the bot is already doing say 700% Damage on a bot, you'll now get 800% on it at the cost of +100% elec temp. Flaming Snownet is arguably the worst controlbot in the entire game.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:46 pm

DarkSteel wrote:
cej1120con wrote:

That's actually very much untrue. All this does is add 100% damage to a bot. So if the bot is already doing say 700% Damage on a bot, you'll now get 800% on it at the cost of +100% elec temp. Flaming Snownet is arguably the worst controlbot in the entire game.

oh. well that's dumb, i thought it was basically an MF bot without the second weapon demand.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:53 pm
Main: Horacio
Level: 5465

Personally, I feel the 5 Man Wild slaves Nerf was necessary, however it seems increasingly clear this is looking more like a FC Re-balance more than anything in which case the nerf shouldn't be applied until everything else is ready/near ready.

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan

Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:04 pm
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Snownet bots do have potential uses in more niche setups, which at least adds some variety.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:23 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Snownets are often used with PBFs because of the odd weapon slots.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:53 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

cej1120con wrote:
DarkSteel wrote:
cej1120con wrote:

oh. well that's dumb, i thought it was basically an MF bot without the second weapon demand.

That would be true if the stats on bots worked multiplicative, but they're additive

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:52 pm

Bots Before: 60% Augmenter Tweaking, Normal MF Bots

Bots After: 100% Augmenter Tweaking, +50% Electric Tempering on MF Bots

This is a very hard nerf, but unobvious. I would take the before 10 times out of 10. God Damn, please just revert it all. FC has been fine, you're fucking it all up. Fuck.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:48 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

riel017 wrote:
Pixel has also finally has a look at the “Chid Adiz Mardana Var” drones and removed their ability to have infinite energy charge. This has been related to the changes regarding to the in-built energy charge in drones and bases being fixed.

will this mean that sup/ult elec controller will be useless now??? D:

When testing a ult. elec drone controller was used. I would say yes Chid's themselves have been reduced from infinite energy supply to very limited. I thought posting it within this weekly blog would at least prep Engineers for the huge change instead of it randomly happening within a patch and shown in a patch note.

We mostly knew, even a lot of the players knew this would happen sometime and yes this will even cripple myself and it makes me really sad. :(

Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:28 pm
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5980

When testing a ult. elec drone controller was used. I would say yes Chid's themselves have been reduced from infinite energy supply to very limited. I thought posting it within this weekly blog would at least prep Engineers for the huge change instead of it randomly happening within a patch and shown in a patch note.

We mostly knew, even a lot of the players knew this would happen sometime and yes this will even cripple myself and it makes me really sad. :(

My chidz on elec controller only has like 1.4k elec regen. That is with zeus ops aug also.

Plz tell me only chidz will be like this without elec regen. Cuz if all drones will be without elec regen, how will they shield regen without elec and u will make elec controllers paper weight.

I understand nerf on chidz cuz they are almost free. Btw chids are not only used as dps drones, they are also meat shields. Plz give em like 500 elec atleast to mentain shield regen. Imo 500 elec will not keep that drone do decent dps after banking out energy.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:11 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Tomzta09 wrote:
Snownets are often used with PBFs because of the odd weapon slots.

They do not double your DPS, but they do double your electricity usage. They are literally always a bad choice.

The Salty One wrote:
Snownet bots do have potential uses in more niche setups, which at least adds some variety.

Snownets are not in a good place, the only time they give you double your current DPS is when your bot has 0% damage bonuses from any augmod, the further away from 0% you get the more worthless the +100% damage bonus becomes.

Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:39 am
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

riel017 wrote:
My chidz on elec controller only has like 1.4k elec regen. That is with zeus ops aug also.

Plz tell me only chidz will be like this without elec regen. Cuz if all drones will be without elec regen, how will they shield regen without elec and u will make elec controllers paper weight.

I understand nerf on chidz cuz they are almost free. Btw chids are not only used as dps drones, they are also meat shields. Plz give em like 500 elec atleast to mentain shield regen. Imo 500 elec will not keep that drone do decent dps after banking out energy.

I tested it with half shieldbanked drones didn't seem to draw from the energy reserves. I would still advise to use the elec drone controller as without it they're much weaker.

With this change it makes me want to introduce something like Kalthi drones for players to counter the loss of use for engineers, we'll wait and see though!

Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:38 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next