Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
So the thing is, planets with a few metal slots are clearly useless, which seems to be a large part of what the explosion does. How about letting people remove/transfer unwanted t0 commods to different planets?

Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:48 am
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

I'm curiosus if aside from the total resource amounts, have any checks been done on the mean / std. deviation of resources per planet pre and post this universe reset?

Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:54 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

I believe that is what RE was getting at that I also brought up. With a large increase in the number of planets, and resource numbers not changing (which at this point are two confirmed facts we have). It is almost indisputable fact that nodes become less dense, because now those (and these numbers are just demonstratory) 10000 nodes are broken up between 7500 planets instead of 5000. Meaning you need more base slots this uni to tap what you could last uni.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:12 am
Main: goofy
Level: 4340

just return wildspace as it was before the "shrink" with steam release you may get a larger player base to want to stay and build .... and also EF layer needs more area for newer players to build in so they can decide on wildspace building ....

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:48 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

We are happy with the current number of galaxies, but we do need to go through and make sure the resource distribution is better this time around. The main problem had nothing to do with the shrink at all -- it was that we added a lot more planets per galaxy but the total amount of resources didn't increase accordingly. The consequence was that the resource abundance PER PLANET was reduced.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:59 am
Main: Horacio
Level: 5465

Instead of opening up EF Layer more suggestion, why not just expand W1 in Wild Space with very tight pvp ranges?

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan

Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:01 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

I wouldn't mind going back to the design 6-7 years ago to be honest, without the wild space sanctuaries and perilous outpost etc. and you had to travel to the edges of the maps to get to the next layer.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:29 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10