Team: Psionic Corps
Main: atsamaz
Level: 3980

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 21st December
If you are complaining about "Free DPS from wild slaves", then nerfing multi-firing bots that everyone uses and WILL continue to use because they are the ONLY way to get any DPS out of slaves, is completely against any logic...

I have said this and I am saying it again, Wild Slaves should be tanky slaves that can aid an FC but the main slaves, for example the T20 PBF's should be far more powerful in terms of DPS. A Fleet Commander gets lower damage bonus for his slaves than a Shield Monkey..
"Bot Mastery: Combat bots get +1.5% to most combat stats."
"Shield Manipulation: +1.5% Damage, +1% Shield Recharge, +3% Combat Slave Damage"

The purpose of the fleet commander is to wield the most powerful slaves. How about removing Wild Slave's damage bonus from Radiation Expert and giving it to Combat slaves?

In terms of control bots, MF bots will always be superior because there is nothing that can rival them. It also makes sense to have multi-firing slaves as an end game FC and it gives starting FC's something cool to work for. If you want variety between bots then make variety between MF bots, just let this be an upgrade path. Nerfing these bots will do nothing but piss off a lot of people and do the opposite of what should be done (ie buffing DPS of the combat slaves FC's put hundreds of billions into and debuffing "Free DPS" from wild slaves.)

Making people choose between fighters and wild slaves will never work because one will always be better than the other. In my opinion, simply shifting DPS from Wild slaves to combat slaves and adding fighters which can simply aid in DPS at the cost of building or purchasing a fighter generator and launcher should establish FC as a more balanced class.

..Perhaps its time to start making small changes rather than changing everything and realizing something is awfully underpowered/overpowered..

(Yes I know the topic is old but where else am I to comment this)

Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:36 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

atsamas wrote:
If you are complaining about "Free DPS from wild slaves", then nerfing multi-firing bots that everyone uses and WILL continue to use because they are the ONLY way to get any DPS out of slaves, is completely against any logic...

I have said this and I am saying it again, Wild Slaves should be tanky slaves that can aid an FC but the main slaves, for example the T20 PBF's should be far more powerful in terms of DPS. A Fleet Commander gets lower damage bonus for his slaves than a Shield Monkey..
"Bot Mastery: Combat bots get +1.5% to most combat stats."
"Shield Manipulation: +1.5% Damage, +1% Shield Recharge, +3% Combat Slave Damage"

The purpose of the fleet commander is to wield the most powerful slaves. How about removing Wild Slave's damage bonus from Radiation Expert and giving it to Combat slaves?

In terms of control bots, MF bots will always be superior because there is nothing that can rival them. It also makes sense to have multi-firing slaves as an end game FC and it gives starting FC's something cool to work for. If you want variety between bots then make variety between MF bots, just let this be an upgrade path. Nerfing these bots will do nothing but piss off a lot of people and do the opposite of what should be done (ie buffing DPS of the combat slaves FC's put hundreds of billions into and debuffing "Free DPS" from wild slaves.)

Making people choose between fighters and wild slaves will never work because one will always be better than the other. In my opinion, simply shifting DPS from Wild slaves to combat slaves and adding fighters which can simply aid in DPS at the cost of building or purchasing a fighter generator and launcher should establish FC as a more balanced class.

..Perhaps its time to start making small changes rather than changing everything and realizing something is awfully underpowered/overpowered..

(Yes I know the topic is old but where else am I to comment this)

You're super late to the party:

http://www.starsonata.com/announcements ... er-rework/

Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:10 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Helius
Level: 3033

I do not mind so far changes regarding wild bot slots/fighters. I am happy bcs of it.

But i would like to see other possible solutions regardning combat bots (mf bots etc).

Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:29 am
Contributor

chronos wrote:
I do not mind so far changes regarding wild bot slots/fighters. I am happy bcs of it.

But i would like to see other possible solutions regardning combat bots (mf bots etc).

We'll be doing a class rebalance after we get everything sorted and straightened out, we'll have more information about Combat Bots then.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:46 pm
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

MasterTrader wrote:
class rebalance

A G A I N ?
G--- ---- I
A---G---A I N ?
I--?---? G
N I A G A
?---I-----G-----------again ???
----N------A
----?---------I
---------AGAIN--?
----------------?

Code:

##              # ###              ##                #####  #      ##### #     ##      #######   
     /####            /  /###  /        /####             ######  /     ######  /#    #### /  /      ###
    /  ###           /  /  ###/        /  ###            /#   /  /     /#   /  / ##    ###/  /        ##
       /##          /  ##   ##            /##           /    /  /     /    /  /  ##    # #   ##       # 
      /  ##        /  ###                /  ##              /  /          /  /    ##   #             /   
      /  ##       ##   ##                /  ##             ## ##         ## ##    ##   #            /   
     /    ##      ##   ##   ###         /    ##            ## ##         ## ##     ##  #           /     
     /    ##      ##   ##  /###  /      /    ##          /### ##         ## ##     ##  #          /     
    /      ##     ##   ## /  ###/      /      ##        / ### ##         ## ##      ## #         /       
    /########     ##   ##/    ##       /########           ## ##         ## ##      ## #         #       
   /        ##     ##  ##     #       /        ##     ##   ## ##         #  ##       ###          ##     
   #        ##      ## #      /       #        ##    ###   #  /             /        ###                 
  /####      ##      ###     /       /####      ##    ###    /          /##/          ##          #     
 /   ####    ## /     ######/       /   ####    ## /   #####/          /  #####                  ###     
/     ##      #/        ###        /     ##      #/      ###          /     ##                    #     
#                                  #                                  #                                 
 ##                                 ##                                 ##                               

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:19 pm
Contributor

cej1120con wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
class rebalance

A G A I N ?
G--- ---- I
A---G---A I N ?
I--?---? G
N I A G A
?---I-----G-----------again ???
----N------A
----?---------I
---------AGAIN--?
----------------?

Code:

##              # ###              ##                #####  #      ##### #     ##      #######   
     /####            /  /###  /        /####             ######  /     ######  /#    #### /  /      ###
    /  ###           /  /  ###/        /  ###            /#   /  /     /#   /  / ##    ###/  /        ##
       /##          /  ##   ##            /##           /    /  /     /    /  /  ##    # #   ##       # 
      /  ##        /  ###                /  ##              /  /          /  /    ##   #             /   
      /  ##       ##   ##                /  ##             ## ##         ## ##    ##   #            /   
     /    ##      ##   ##   ###         /    ##            ## ##         ## ##     ##  #           /     
     /    ##      ##   ##  /###  /      /    ##          /### ##         ## ##     ##  #          /     
    /      ##     ##   ## /  ###/      /      ##        / ### ##         ## ##      ## #         /       
    /########     ##   ##/    ##       /########           ## ##         ## ##      ## #         #       
   /        ##     ##  ##     #       /        ##     ##   ## ##         #  ##       ###          ##     
   #        ##      ## #      /       #        ##    ###   #  /             /        ###                 
  /####      ##      ###     /       /####      ##    ###    /          /##/          ##          #     
 /   ####    ## /     ######/       /   ####    ## /   #####/          /  #####                  ###     
/     ##      #/        ###        /     ##      #/      ###          /     ##                    #     
#                                  #                                  #                                 
 ##                                 ##                                 ##                               

Just a small one.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:55 pm