Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should high tier end game content be included in ruins or left as uber drops
Yes, Include the new high tier end game content in ruins. 35%  35%  [ 13 ]
No, Do not include the new high tier end game content in ruins and put them in Ubers. 65%  65%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 37

Main: Fake X
Level: 3359

Post Re: POLL: End Game High Tier Ruins
redalert150 wrote:
Also one huge fact you guys seem to be forgetting, is how rare these ruins are. You can go over a year in some cases without seeing a certain ruin appear.

So many ruins don't get colonised, that's why... PvP and BvB is fun, but 1 sides battles are boring and stupid, and at the current system of SS, 90% of the time its a 1 sided battle. they really need like 3 tiers of buildable layers, t1 which is EF where it's safe but not much gain, t2 where you get decent commods, not the best but decent. (if it is t3 at a smaller rate to make it unsatisfiable for endgamers) Same applies for ruins, not the best but maybe t1-t19 ruins, and then t3 which is where all the mighty big geared teams get to hang out and wage war for all those juicy commods, But this idea is probably too much of an effort for devs before next uni, Would be great for new players but i can't see the devs caring too much about it.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:57 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Joshua102
Level: 14714

redalert150 wrote:
Joshua102 wrote:
It doesn't take much to see that every time there is a war, dozens of people who are casual players get everything lost and quit the game after that. So no wars are not good for the game they are terrible.

And having end game gear that has one team can have a complete monopoly over is stupid for an economy. And this doesn't even bring in the fact that people are going to get broken mods on already broken items,

Maybe those casuals players should build somewhere that suites there play style more? Plenty of space in wild space.

I doubt anyone with these ruins will be selling them. So it does nothing to the economy. If anything it's better for the economy since they are pretty pricey ruins.

You people always love to use the argument that people shouldn't be building there but that doesn't help the fact that people do and loads quit when they lose everything. So from the standpoint of the health of the game, it's terrible for the game.

Oh that's a great idea! Make a broken item AND make it where one team WILL have a monopoly over it when they get it. The last thing the game needs is ruin items that give only one team a massive advantage instead of letting anyone have a chance for it like the OP says.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:00 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

triga253 wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
Also one huge fact you guys seem to be forgetting, is how rare these ruins are. You can go over a year in some cases without seeing a certain ruin appear.

So many ruins don't get colonised, that's why... PvP and BvB is fun, but 1 sides battles are boring and stupid, and at the current system of SS, 90% of the time its a 1 sided battle. they really need like 3 tiers of buildable layers, t1 which is EF where it's safe but not much gain, t2 where you get decent commods, not the best but decent. (if it is t3 at a smaller rate to make it unsatisfiable for endgamers) Same applies for ruins, not the best but maybe t1-t19 ruins, and then t3 which is where all the mighty big geared teams get to hang out and wage war for all those juicy commods, But this idea is probably too much of an effort for devs before next uni, Would be great for new players but i can't see the devs caring too much about it.

Isn't that how it works right now though? The center of wild space is tier 3 and the further you get from the center the shittier the commods get. You won't see a high tier team poking any team around the edges. But you might have someone like 13 doing so.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Joshua102 wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
Joshua102 wrote:
It doesn't take much to see that every time there is a war, dozens of people who are casual players get everything lost and quit the game after that. So no wars are not good for the game they are terrible.

And having end game gear that has one team can have a complete monopoly over is stupid for an economy. And this doesn't even bring in the fact that people are going to get broken mods on already broken items,

Maybe those casuals players should build somewhere that suites there play style more? Plenty of space in wild space.

I doubt anyone with these ruins will be selling them. So it does nothing to the economy. If anything it's better for the economy since they are pretty pricey ruins.

You people always love to use the argument that people shouldn't be building there but that doesn't help the fact that people do and loads quit when they lose everything. So from the standpoint of the health of the game, it's terrible for the game.

Oh that's a great idea! Make a broken item AND make it where one team WILL have a monopoly over it when they get it. The last thing the game needs is ruin items that give only one team a massive advantage instead of letting anyone have a chance for it like the OP says.

People wanted to be rewarded for BvB/PvP, well here it is folks, too bad everyone flocks to one team, Used to be EF, now it's Traders, Doesn't really help when all our devs are on one team, I mean who doesn't want to be on the dev team, isn't that why we all joined EF? to police SS and to get the insider?

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:05 pm
Main: Zero Punctuation
Level: 3324

The poll was created to see everyone's opinion and so far its a majority that says that they shouldn't be implemented. The community SHOULD HAVE A SAY in what happens in the game. Its still early to tell the overall community but I am saying that the community (ie the players not the devs) should have a say in what happens.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:06 pm

redalert150 wrote:
triga253 wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

Isn't that how it works right now though? The center of wild space is tier 3 and the further you get from the center the shittier the commods get. You won't see a high tier team poking any team around the edges. But you might have someone like 13 doing so.

Next uni they're adding high tier gals to to outer rim of WS, So no that's not how it works, and I've found quite a few w2 gals with really nice ruins/commods, so no not really isn't that why you see traders in w2 out rim gals with 20 kits?

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:07 pm

Also to go along with that the W2 rim has the same commods or better in some cases then the W3 galaxies.. 9 base planet with ada in W2 rim.. How many of those do you have in the middle?

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:09 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Joshua102
Level: 14714

Red you are making gear that you know one team, and we all know which one that is, will have a monopoly over for a long time. Tell me how this is good for the game to have this?

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:15 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

tobi95 wrote:
I am okay with conflict. I am not okay with teams like traders or RE (I know im countering myself since i am in RE but) going after teams who cant even complete a full t22 run because of there team current status.

The use of the term "going after" makes no sense here. No one is going to get repeatedly wiped over these ruins, because no one is going to build on top of endgame ruins time after time. You are talking as if there's going to be a witch hunt for noobs. In practice, the incidence of the kind of attack you fear would be very low.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:21 pm

It's happened though.. The location of the ruin is found out by someone and all of a sudden a end game team is in there backyard.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:25 pm
over 9000!

tobi95 wrote:
It's happened though.. The location of the ruin is found out by someone and all of a sudden a end game team is in there backyard.

Yes, and in this (relatively rare) case, the owning team would be pushed out. That isn't going to happen very often.

When I was a wee noob on Zero Gravity in 2010, our neighbors Zephyr found out that our border gal with them had an Ada source. They BvBed us and easily took it about 2/3 of the way through the uni. I had no problem with this.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:30 pm

tobi95 wrote:

You're not going to get any decent reply from traders, they are a dev team and currently have monopoly, so they're not going to care anything about anyone else because they know they can take whatever they want because of their mass amount of numbers, and the fact that they have been doing colos for about 11 years now lol

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:31 pm
over 9000!

The only thing we have a monopoly on is common sense, apparently. :roll:

If anything, the fact that I'm a dev should make you more interested in listening to my position, since that is where I am coming from when I make content for the game. If you want to play a role in crafting the direction of the game, you should be engaging with me in conversation.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:36 pm
Main: Shakou
Level: 7134

I don't want ruin items of a high tier to be available as I don't have entire faith in the dev team not to be corrupted and use something like a ruin locator as we've seen from a few instances of corruption. My opinion is player devs are a bad idea but as i see it we have no choice at the moment. Hopefully player devs can be phased out for paid devs if steam takes off well. We're only human and slaves to temptation.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:39 pm
over 9000!

Shirudo wrote:
I don't want ruin items of a high tier to be available as I don't have entire faith in the dev team not to be corrupted and use something like a ruin locator as we've seen from a few instances of corruption. My opinion is player devs are a bad idea but as i see it we have no choice at the moment. Hopefully player devs can be phased out for paid devs if steam takes off well. We're only human and slaves to temptation.

In that case, I've got some good news for you. The following is a comprehensive list of members of the dev team who have access to that information.

Jeff
Jey
Ryan
Blue Dwarf

They're all paid (or have been in the past).

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:42 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next