Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should high tier end game content be included in ruins or left as uber drops
Yes, Include the new high tier end game content in ruins. 35%  35%  [ 13 ]
No, Do not include the new high tier end game content in ruins and put them in Ubers. 65%  65%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 37

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Wolf
Level: 4830

Post Re: POLL: End Game High Tier Ruins
The words "should" and "shouldn't" happen are being thrown around a lot when we should be focusing on what "does" and "doesn't" happen. What "should" happen is for everyone to be reasonable and respectful when it comes to if a team, low or high tier, needs a specific node/ruin to either progress them or hold them in power on par with other teams. Note* I said on par, not vastly overpowering. The low tier players, which will be coming upon steam release, will have bad gear to defend with but have to use the gear to progress into the big leagues, as we all did at some point. The high power teams should give them the chance to make it big. What "does" happen is one team who thinks they deserve everything will pvp any other team that has what they want regardless of if that team is a high or low tier. There is no sense, there is no reasoning, only "I want this and I want ALL of this." As its been said before, unsanctioned war has killed and will continue to ruin this game for old and new players. Yeah it's a part of the game and "should" be used but not abused, as it has been many times. New teams will never grow as "they can't hold their galaxy so don't need those resources" meaning no new blood and high end teams will only have their stuff relentlessly warred/destroyed until they lose everything from it and quit the game. As much as pvp is part of this game, only a select few can actually handle the fact you can and will lose everything if the price is right. In this case the price is the most powerful weapon/shield in the game. Some might argue that if that's the case then they "shouldn't" play the game. But that "doesn't" mean anything. The game "should" be built around the communities voice as they're the ones playing the game and know how it runs. But this "isn't" (close enough to doesn't) how it is.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:55 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

If the game should be built around the community, then what is wrong with player volunteering as a developer to assist the game? Of course they have knowledge the original player doesn't have, but they have knowledge that the non-player developers lack when trying to create content or balance items.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:00 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

It sounds like an opportunity to wage war over resources. This is an awesome idea. That's the way it should be. BRING ON THE OP RUINS! This is wild space, risk is involved, you should expect to defend your territory before building here.

If a noob team finds them selves having the ruins
A. Pack the gal
B. Don't tell a soul

Only thing I could think is make these ruins spawn in 1-2 galaxies each universe. If these items are seen once every 2-3 universes, and are only held by one team the entire time it would drain a lot of the fun and competition away I think.

Basiclaly, in short make these items rare but not OMGWTF rare.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:02 pm
Main: Zero Punctuation
Level: 3324

There wont be any "wars" because a "war" means both sides have an equal chance of winning.. Sadly if these new OP ruins are found and discovered by the community Traders WILL get them and they will be monopolized

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Main: Joshua102
Level: 14714

Fyuryus wrote:
It sounds like an opportunity to wage war over resources. This is an awesome idea. That's the way it should be. BRING ON THE OP RUINS! This is wild space, risk is involved, you should expect to defend your territory before building here.

A. Pack the gal
B. Don't tell a soul

Only thing I could think is make these ruins spawn in 1-2 galaxies each universe. If these items are seen once every 2-3 universes, and are only held by one team the entire time it would drain a lot of the fun and competition away I think.

The problem with this line of thinking is that all teams are "noob" compared to 1 team that has a monopoly on players and knowledge. Some of us don't want the forced pvp and hundreds have quit the game from being stuck in wars to prove my point.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:16 pm
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

I believe these ruins should be given another look. I personally think they should not be ruins but instead be drops/built or even obtained via mission like the T22 Twisted Light Fighers are. The fact is these ruins will cause teams like RE/Traders to shop and scan for them. Any team that gets in the way is imperiled and will simply not be able to obtain these items unless they keep it under wraps. However, if these items are instead made to be drops, or are somehow obtained from missions, everyone has an equal chance to obtain them and they wouldn't be farm-able as ruins. Not to mention ruins are notorious for getting mods, and mods on that caliber of item will make them extremely powerful. I realize the term "farm-able" may be a bit out of place here considering they would probably have a long extract time, however, obtaining items via ruin is much much easier than farming hours of content for drops. You could also make them build-able items, but require ruin items to construct, that way ruins will still be useful.

tl;dr: No to them being ruins, instead either make them obtainable as drops, require them to be built, or make them obtainable via missions in some way.

- Chrono

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:56 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

How is this any different from the old days of Unt Techs and KMWs? I have never heard any substantive complaint about the system of ruin obtainment.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:58 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

Joshua102 wrote:
Fyuryus wrote:

A. Pack the gal
B. Don't tell a soul

The problem with this line of thinking is that all teams are "noob" compared to 1 team that has a monopoly on players and knowledge. Some of us don't want the forced pvp and hundreds have quit the game from being stuck in wars to prove my point.

You armor that galaxy to the teeth. You dig in and you call that galaxy home. You make it the biggest bitch to attack. Keeping your trap shut will go a long way too. There are high value ruins at this very moment in wild space that have little to no defense. They simply don't broadcast their location and that keeps them safe.

anilv wrote:
How is this any different from the old days of Unt Techs and KMWs? I have never heard any substantive complaint about the system of ruin obtainment.

Exactly.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:11 pm
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

Another suggestion is to make them obtainable via ruin AND drop/blueprint/mission. Who said ruins should only be obtained one way?

- Chrono

Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:13 pm
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Joshua102 wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
Joshua102 wrote:
It doesn't take much to see that every time there is a war, dozens of people who are casual players get everything lost and quit the game after that. So no wars are not good for the game they are terrible.

And having end game gear that has one team can have a complete monopoly over is stupid for an economy. And this doesn't even bring in the fact that people are going to get broken mods on already broken items,

Maybe those casuals players should build somewhere that suites there play style more? Plenty of space in wild space.

I doubt anyone with these ruins will be selling them. So it does nothing to the economy. If anything it's better for the economy since they are pretty pricey ruins.

You people always love to use the argument that people shouldn't be building there but that doesn't help the fact that people do and loads quit when they lose everything. So from the standpoint of the health of the game, it's terrible for the game.

Oh that's a great idea! Make a broken item AND make it where one team WILL have a monopoly over it when they get it. The last thing the game needs is ruin items that give only one team a massive advantage instead of letting anyone have a chance for it like the OP says.

You people!? How dare you! Its recently been made pretty damn easy to properly defend a galaxy. You cant expect to half ass build in a contestable zone and not be touchable by anyone. Thats not how SS works. Its a open player versus AI versus player game.

RE is far from a pushover and are more then capable of properely defending a gal, same goes for SRX and RF. You personally might not be able to, but you shouldnt speak for others. I also think its perfectly fine for the top teams in game to be the ones with the highest chance at getting these top end game items. Which are by no means a sustantial game breaking stuff. Its pretty easy to get a really well modded KRS nowadays and with the amount of people doing pps there are plenty of burst around.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:33 pm

tobi95 wrote:
Also to go along with that the W2 rim has the same commods or better in some cases then the W3 galaxies.. 9 base planet with ada in W2 rim.. How many of those do you have in the middle?

Oh so there is actually decent gals all over the place? Thats even better, my point still stands the higher end teams will all bunch into the middle and wont be able to afford to branch out all the way to outer layers. Its really not even worth it for a big team to bvb a small team way out of there way for no reason.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:35 pm

Joshua102 wrote:
Red you are making gear that you know one team, and we all know which one that is, will have a monopoly over for a long time. Tell me how this is good for the game to have this?

Youre assuming RE, danger and other competent builders in game are just going to roll over if they get this ruin? These ruins are going to be highly sought after, well for sure cause way more conflict in wild space which is a great thing.

I understand you dont care for pvp/bvb aspect of the game but it is a aspect of the game, its pretty easy to avoid if you really wanted to, but dont expect to progress as much or as quickly to someone who is ready to partake in every aspect of the game.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:39 pm

Fyuryus wrote:

A. Pack the gal
B. Don't tell a soul

Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:43 pm
Main: Fake X
Level: 3359

anilv wrote:

Back when there was balance, You had the police (EF) and the pirates (DM) also had many other teams that were on close in the power struggle with them, JAWWS, Pants ect.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:48 pm

Chrono Warrior wrote:
I believe these ruins should be given another look. I personally think they should not be ruins but instead be drops/built or even obtained via mission like the T22 Twisted Light Fighers are. The fact is these ruins will cause teams like RE/Traders to shop and scan for them. Any team that gets in the way is imperiled and will simply not be able to obtain these items unless they keep it under wraps. However, if these items are instead made to be drops, or are somehow obtained from missions, everyone has an equal chance to obtain them and they wouldn't be farm-able as ruins. Not to mention ruins are notorious for getting mods, and mods on that caliber of item will make them extremely powerful. I realize the term "farm-able" may be a bit out of place here considering they would probably have a long extract time, however, obtaining items via ruin is much much easier than farming hours of content for drops. You could also make them build-able items, but require ruin items to construct, that way ruins will still be useful.

tl;dr: No to them being ruins, instead either make them obtainable as drops, require them to be built, or make them obtainable via missions in some way.

- Chrono

So just because you cant compete with the end game teams for a piece of end game gear there should be a source for the same item for you? Theres already other alternatives for this gear. Besides nothing is stopping you from fortifying the shit out of a galaxy that happens to have this ruin. Its just a matter of whether you think its worth investing so much in a galaxy to then spend a shit ton of creds extracting these items.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:51 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next