Team: Eminence Back
Main: Uesugii
Level: 4579

Post Re: SS Nostalgia
I like posting this from time to time. Its a little collection from when I played and the people ive podded. Find yourself or somebody you know :D.

http://imgur.com/a/z1i3r#0

http://imgur.com/a/ydu85#20

http://imgur.com/a/ELz8J#0

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:21 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Lightning Bolt
Level: 11163

uesugi1 wrote:
I like posting this from time to time. Its a little collection from when I played and the people ive podded. Find yourself or somebody you know :D.

http://imgur.com/a/z1i3r#0

http://imgur.com/a/ydu85#20

http://imgur.com/a/ELz8J#0

Fun times :D

I miss C1, being a noob on TFC with Belli, Russell, PP and others. Then moving to LC and being part of (what felt like) a 100 year war. I made a lot of friends back then, some of you guys are still playing now! SS has always had a great community, Blizz reminded me the other day that that's part of what brings us back and keeps us playing.

Kanga

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:32 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Old times of playing with roo, rev, ee, uesugi, THM, ahil, DAMPA, turbinia, brandon, supermonkey546, serbia. This was around ~2010.

They all play the game now.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:59 am
Main: Doran!
Level: 7005

I can never forget chasing an Equanimizer for half an hour from Sol to the edge of Warp 1, only to get wiped out by a massive swarm of Seraphs.

Somehow I managed to run into a screenshot with one of my earliest characters, that I had forgotten about. My brother played as -V- and Ur'Iq, and I played as Saiad. This was late 2008, and a friend of my brother introduced us to the game.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:12 am

Lol character Revenge as come bak

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:17 am
Team: Adamantiumized Souls
Main: Shantone02
Level: 3059

Best things I remember was going to sol for the first time in a zebucart. Wasn't too many big ships in there so figured all ships must have been around the same size.
Then came along an EFDN, nearly shit my pants. After that moment the EFDN has always been my favorite ship and to this day I still go around in one when Im bored

Then of course sporeside. Loved going in there and killing termites to farm augs.
I also remember a player named Combustion flying a vulture around in there, had a conversation with him and got 100m, best moment of my life in c1

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:20 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Shantone02 wrote:
Best things I remember was going to sol for the first time in a zebucart. Wasn't too many big ships in there so figured all ships must have been around the same size.
Then came along an EFDN, nearly shit my pants. After that moment the EFDN has always been my favorite ship and to this day I still go around in one when Im bored

Then of course sporeside. Loved going in there and killing termites to farm augs.
I also remember a player named Combustion flying a vulture around in there, had a conversation with him and got 100m, best moment of my life in c1

You're welcome. :wink:

Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:05 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Copernicus
Level: 895

I remember setting up shop next to a few of my team's perma drones and popping AI passerby to make money. I also remember the HR+ with Bule engines. Mostly getting killed by them, but yeah. <.<

I also remember making a "Bulker Fleet" with a couple fighters in each so I could be a one-man f2p armada.

One thing I remember particularly well is earning big (for a lower level) money by cloaking and sneaking around battle zones iWin had been fighting [insert any other team] and scooping the high level GG and selling it at AI stations. "Legit scavenging business".

I remember being in MAD and MAD+. Are those even still around? I think that was when I was first setting up my own bases and I enjoyed setting up trade routes. Never was a genius at base-building, but I liked it. And my gunner main character, Copernicus; I enjoyed launching missile barrages.

I also remember a tendency to push my luck when in combat with AI and players; if I were being stealthy, I'd eek closer and closer and the get podded suddenly. It's a behavior I seem to have retained to chagrin of my WoW guildmates. It's not my fault the 110 guy jumped off his mount mid-flight to kill me at high altitude! I thought I was safe!

EDIT: I also seem to be the only SP flag flying anymore xD

F2P: Colonel Mustang/Riza Hawkeye/Jean Havoc/Heymans Breda/Kain Fuery

Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:29 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

DarthFirebert wrote:
I remember setting up shop next to a few of my team's perma drones and popping AI passerby to make money. I also remember the HR+ with Bule engines. Mostly getting killed by them, but yeah. <.<

I also remember making a "Bulker Fleet" with a couple fighters in each so I could be a one-man f2p armada.

One thing I remember particularly well is earning big (for a lower level) money by cloaking and sneaking around battle zones iWin had been fighting [insert any other team] and scooping the high level GG and selling it at AI stations. "Legit scavenging business".

I remember being in MAD and MAD+. Are those even still around? I think that was when I was first setting up my own bases and I enjoyed setting up trade routes. Never was a genius at base-building, but I liked it. And my gunner main character, Copernicus; I enjoyed launching missile barrages.

I also remember a tendency to push my luck when in combat with AI and players; if I were being stealthy, I'd eek closer and closer and the get podded suddenly. It's a behavior I seem to have retained to chagrin of my WoW guildmates. It's not my fault the 110 guy jumped off his mount mid-flight to kill me at high altitude! I thought I was safe!

EDIT: I also seem to be the only SP flag flying anymore xD

I remember having long discussions and debates with you on the forum. Does that count as nostalgia?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:57 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

DarthFirebert wrote:
I remember being in MAD and MAD+. Are those even still around?

No. Theres a new newbie friendly team called Deep Space Federation, though.

Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:34 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Copernicus
Level: 895

anilv wrote:
I remember having long discussions and debates with you on the forum. Does that count as nostalgia?

Probably. I've kinda mellowed a bit with age, so I find myself in less debates. Aged like a fine cheese with wine. Still a big science nerd though. ... Speaking of debates, I'm guessing Landswimmer swam away, or does he still pop in once and a while too?

F2P: Colonel Mustang/Riza Hawkeye/Jean Havoc/Heymans Breda/Kain Fuery

Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:32 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

He poked his head in a few weeks ago, but there aren't enough angry people left for him to have fodder.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:17 pm

anilv wrote:
He poked his head in a few weeks ago, but there aren't enough angry people left for him to have fodder.

Community is too mature these days.

Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:37 pm