Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: Optional C1-like docked UI on the left
</3

Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:47 am
Team: Psionic Corps
Main: atsamaz
Level: 3980

JeffL wrote:
Doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I am late again but it would be great as an option and to have it default for starting players. Whenever I showed this game to my friends their reaction was always the same, they couldn't get the inventory, map and radar on screen at the same time in a comfortable config like what c1 had. It's also a pain resizing everything to match. An option that can do it for me would be phenomenal.

Whilst true, modern games do not constantly show you the inventory but these modern games also have you be much less engaged with your inventory. Personally, I can't handle not seeing my inventory in SS for even a minute and constantly try to resize everything to match c1.

Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:05 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

atsamas wrote:
JeffL wrote:

I am late again but it would be great as an option and to have it default for starting players. Whenever I showed this game to my friends their reaction was always the same, they couldn't get the inventory, map and radar on screen at the same time in a comfortable config like what c1 had. It's also a pain resizing everything to match. An option that can do it for me would be phenomenal.

Whilst true, modern games do not constantly show you the inventory but these modern games also have you be much less engaged with your inventory. Personally, I can't handle not seeing my inventory in SS for even a minute and constantly try to resize everything to match c1.

What are you doing in your inventory all the time while in combat?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:36 pm
Team: Psionic Corps
Main: atsamaz
Level: 3980

anilv wrote:
atsamas wrote:
JeffL wrote:

What are you doing in your inventory all the time while in combat?

Got too many Tweaks to key bind also switching different modded gear around and I like to look at what I scooped up, right click to check on market or hover the mouse over it to see what it is and look at my gear see what I should improve next...idk a load of things and I think it is safe to assume many players think the same since responses from the player base have mostly been positive.

Honestly it would make things a hell of a lot easier for beginners too.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:40 pm
over 9000!

We devoted a fair bit of dev time to this project and ultimately cancelled it because of unsurmountable code issues.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:30 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

I still want it.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:22 am
Main: Doran!
Level: 7005

After the recent Youtube-review on the game it seems like the inventory UI could do with a lot of work, so it would be interesting to hear what the possibilities are, even if a C1-like docked UI is out of the question.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:17 am
over 9000!

Arcturus5 wrote:
After the recent Youtube-review on the game it seems like the inventory UI could do with a lot of work, so it would be interesting to hear what the possibilities are, even if a C1-like docked UI is out of the question.

Can you give a link to this review? I'm not aware of it.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:07 am
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

anilv wrote:
Arcturus5 wrote:

Can you give a link to this review? I'm not aware of it.

Same. Link please, Thermal.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:07 pm
Main: Doran!
Level: 7005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG9VSEJN1lI

Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:26 pm
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

Kinda looks like they accidentally blitzed through the tutorial and didn't know how to brake the ship. Also, dat camera angle.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:16 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

iwnh01 wrote:
Kinda looks like they accidentally blitzed through the tutorial and didn't know how to brake the ship. Also, dat camera angle.

No one plays tutorials if they can avoid it, the UI has an obligation to be simple enough to decipher without it.

Edit; also gotta love the engine graphic bug attaching thrust animations to his ion peashooter.

Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:01 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

That bug is a nasty one.. Jey has been trying to find it for a while but it's deep in the engine. I think he said he was getting close though

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:46 am
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

ShawnMcCall wrote:
No one plays tutorials if they can avoid it, the UI has an obligation to be simple enough to decipher without it.

Edit; also gotta love the engine graphic bug attaching thrust animations to his ion peashooter.

Yeah, I felt like every run through the nexus after the first was a bit punishing. Would love for it to be optional.

Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:33 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

every developer should switch from developing content for Alex to content to get and keep new players.

Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next