Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Post Re: ss is dead
MCing has to be dealt with. It's just like people trying to fix the U.S. government system without getting rid of Money in Politics; doing anything but fixing the core issue is a bandaid, not a cure.

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:46 pm
Main: RoxXx
Level: 2868

I've been playing SS on and off since 2005. There have always been rumours of SS dying.

Some ideas that imo would improve the game:

1) more bug fixing
2) removal of PVP level limits if that is still in effect. Would give SS a more "its personal!" feeling through war and revenge.
3) Much weaker bases. When the uni reset is over the uni is stagnant. If players want to keep their gals they need to fight for it. Should lead to more teamwork.
4) easier/faster to get T21 skills. Its an unnecessary hurdle

And if you really are bored, just take a break. Personally i can only play 1 game for so long before i get bored, in SS usually after 1-2 unis. SS keeps drawing me in, which means something. Its a good game after all ;)

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:05 am
Main: iamswingarm
Level: 5447

I'm taking a 100 year break...

Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:45 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

RoxXx wrote:
2) removal of PVP level limits if that is still in effect. Would give SS a more "its personal!" feeling through war and revenge.

Yee. Tired of meek bitches.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:53 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

this thread is dead

Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Anyone on Traders complaining about conflict is dead need to realize two things:

1. You're TRADERS. That's like AMERICA complaining about all the third world/developing countries not having enough balls to attack the most powerful superpower in the world.

2. Any conflict with Traders likely warrant complete destruction of the other team. Are you sure you want to attack (or refuse a demand) from the Dragon?

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:30 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

I lold

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:47 am

Pontius123 wrote:
Anyone on Traders complaining about conflict is dead need to realize two things:

1. You're TRADERS. That's like AMERICA complaining about all the third world/developing countries not having enough balls to attack the most powerful superpower in the world.

2. Any conflict with Traders likely warrant complete destruction of the other team. Are you sure you want to attack (or refuse a demand) from the Dragon?

Thing is, America does do that, so...

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:26 pm

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
Pontius123 wrote:

You can replace America with the European Union, Russia, or China. All are nuclear powers and have massive militaries to step on some helpless country like Kuwait.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:30 pm

Pontius123 wrote:
thecrazygamemaster wrote:
Pontius123 wrote:

You can replace America with the European Union, Russia, or China. All are nuclear powers and have massive militaries to step on some helpless country like Kuwait.

But only the U.S. complains about a lack of attackers.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:31 pm
Main: RoxXx
Level: 2868

Quote:
Anyone on Traders complaining about conflict is dead need to realize two things

I wasn't complaining, just making a few suggestions.

If the game has become stagnant things need to change so it becomes dynamic again.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:00 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

RoxXx wrote:
I've been playing SS on and off since 2005. There have always been rumours of SS dying.

Some ideas that imo would improve the game:

1) more bug fixing
3) Much weaker bases. When the uni reset is over the uni is stagnant. If players want to keep their gals they need to fight for it. Should lead to more teamwork.
4) easier/faster to get T21 skills. Its an unnecessary hurdle

And if you really are bored, just take a break. Personally i can only play 1 game for so long before i get bored, in SS usually after 1-2 unis. SS keeps drawing me in, which means something. Its a good game after all ;)

Much weaker bases 100%.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:37 am
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:33 pm

1. More bug fixing: Such a redundant statement. I can turn around and suggest to you whatever you're doing to keep your job, keep on doing that to keep your job.

2. Removal of PVP ranges in Wild Space and up is great because there are still some instances where a high level player can't affect low level assets, or low level defenders can't fight high level attackers. On DSF we had a case where our councilor couldn't stop enemy support because the support was level 1000 and the councilor was 4000+.

3. Weaker bases means greater emphasis on active defense. This is not the direction the dev team wants to go because it means if you can't be online for whatever reason, you lose your galaxy. It would be somewhat okay if 100% of all attacks came in at primetime. But attacks generally come in at early mornings because the attackers know that is when all the defenders are asleep and can't defend.

4. T21 skills are a pain in the ass. I don't get why no one wants to replace the system with copies of the code used for T20 and T22 bosses. One kill of a specific T21 boss, one of the commods dropped by said boss, and an AI base to complete the mission (Missions are auto-start for next patch upon entry in boss instance).

Olympus is an endgame zone. You can't bring a medium sized squad of UZ ships and *expect* to do Olympus at the same success rate as the UZ. However, Olympus is where you get T21 skills. Even doing daily missions, one skill takes 4 days to get and all skills take 32 days total. But if you can do Olympus runs (requires 10 ships of the previous level at endgame gear), it only takes 21 days or so.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:36 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10