Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

Post Seer been nerfed to shit.
Some AI now have Adum Radars (metaphorically - BGs) -- 0.19 base vis, cloakpedo mine gives me 0.00 vis. They can still see me from 6k+ distance. Fucking stupid

500b aug setup, cant do shit for damage anymore, even after backstab was fixed.

Does seer really have to be ROF based to make any sensible amount of damage now? It's not a tanky class, FC slaves/engi drones can see you for miles and have stupid range.

I hate dissing changes (actually I enjoy it) but the class is almost worthless now. Not to mention the new super item does not even work and there is no ETA to when it will be fixed pretty much --- SoonTM.... plus cant really bank on making a class balanced again based on one item.

Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:45 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: Seer been nerfed to shit.
Yeah, seer has been PvE trash for years because admins don't know any good way to deal with stealth snipers so they just add better radars. Which ironically doesn't affect Snipers and completely fucks seers, who were never good at anything to begin with.

Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:34 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

AI with Adum's Radar:
Undead Serenity (Mausoleum).
Space Anomaly (Red Photon... Not sure where that's used though), in a Temporal Rift.
UZ Emp
UZ Volcanos
Emp Panther (as in, the one that spawns in emp room)
Nightfuries (all variations, including Ancalagon the Black).
Brute Force
Police (Fuzz)
Solar Flare Burst (Stella missile)
Voidling Fighter
Dark Voidling Fighter
Subspace Pax Capital (in Pax Coronae)
Subspace Pax HF (in Pax Venaticora)
Subspace Pax FR (in Pax Scutelogica)
Subspace Pax LF (in Pax Sheliak)
AI Controller -- An invisible configuration used for boss scripting purposes in various galaxies, e.g. Olympus.
The pusher/puller warhead effect in Hermes boss.
Captain Kidd
Kidd's Lackeys
Butterfly (Lunacy)
Dark and Darker Hole (The Dark)
Twisted Fate of Death (and other Twisted AI)
Blue Micron Race Course Gremlin mines
Kalthi Depths Pax CS (Hybridized Coronae)
Kalthi Depths Pax FR (Hybridized Venaticora)
Kalthi Depths Pax HF (Hybridized Scutelogica)
Kalthi Depths Pax LF (Hybridized Sheliak)
Egg Hunt Controller (boss controller for the egg hunting "minigame" for Easter)
EggHunt (rabbits for the minigame)
Dark Diablo Gremmer (Dark Diablo minion)
Crucible Panther (it's a copy of the emp panther, the Crucible UZ loadout is the emp specials).

Admittedly, that's quite a long list, but most of them are quite obscure, or can't take damage or not even supposed to be fought by you. Some aren't currently used.

I will accept some perhaps should be changed, such as Nightfuries.

There's also a second bug with the same skill that gives the Backstab bonus, although of lesser magnitude (Shadow Ambush only gives +7% crit for unseen instead of +14%), which has been fixed to go live, or has already gone live (which is probably the case, as it's not in our patch request list).

We also have some plans for addressing some Seer issues, like sun and engine vis and their reliance on either DPSing with high RoF or one hitting their targets (which, while feels cool isn't practical later in the game).

Support

Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:41 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

There's some issue with Big Green radar, then. They are able to see stuff from miles away.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:02 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

You've been told this about bg's for years

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

sabre198 wrote:
You've been told this about bg's for years

Yes, and it's not my particular job to fix it. Since BD is in the thread and looking up AI vision, I'm poking him about this.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:46 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

In my opinion there should not be any AI with adum radars or similar bs radars. It's just a lazy way to get rid of a stat in a situation. If someone sits and thinks long enough an organic solution should be doable.

Also, Nightfuries have infinite radar, but the other issue is they have 360 tracking as well, so being a seer and even trying a NF is just eh.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:40 pm
Content Dev

I thought I posted this earlier, but I didn't.

As far as I can tell, all variations of the Big Green (including their bigger and battleship-py counterparts) use Titan Radar or Titan Radar+.

As I understand it, this only effects some BGs, not all, correct? If so, I guess the best thing is grab one of us "Game Admins" on Discord, tell us the AI name and galaxy and we can look at that specific AI to see if there's anything sketchy going on.

Support

Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:23 pm
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

reyjalrmm wrote:
In my opinion there should not be any AI with adum radars or similar bs radars. It's just a lazy way to get rid of a stat in a situation. If someone sits and thinks long enough an organic solution should be doable.

Also, Nightfuries have infinite radar, but the other issue is they have 360 tracking as well, so being a seer and even trying a NF is just eh.

i haven't fought many NF's myself, and never on my seer (granted, my seer isn't that far anyways), never alone either.
I also haven't used these items yet due to not knowing of them before, but seers have an overloader esque item that lets them debuff tracking, don't they? Has no one thought to abuse it? Tracking is pretty broken of a stat, being able to debuff it by THIS much
Is pretty powerful, isn't it? Unless NF's have so much tracking that even a 75% debuff is nothing, in which case i'd have to say that's a balancing issue in general with how silly 360 Tracking is.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:21 pm
Main: Thick Black Long Coffee
Level: 4536

The other issue with NFs his the stupid qmiynt or turning they have. Doesnt even matter if they have 0 tracking imo

Moonlightneo wrote:
reyjalrmm wrote:

i haven't fought many NF's myself, and never on my seer (granted, my seer isn't that far anyways), never alone either.
I also haven't used these items yet due to not knowing of them before, but seers have an overloader esque item that lets them debuff tracking, don't they? Has no one thought to abuse it? Tracking is pretty broken of a stat, being able to debuff it by THIS much
Is pretty powerful, isn't it? Unless NF's have so much tracking that even a 75% debuff is nothing, in which case i'd have to say that's a balancing issue in general with how silly 360 Tracking is.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:51 am

This is for all BGs, I have seen it enough to be 100% confident in this.

Blue Dwarf wrote:
I thought I posted this earlier, but I didn't.

As far as I can tell, all variations of the Big Green (including their bigger and battleship-py counterparts) use Titan Radar or Titan Radar+.

As I understand it, this only effects some BGs, not all, correct? If so, I guess the best thing is grab one of us "Game Admins" on Discord, tell us the AI name and galaxy and we can look at that specific AI to see if there's anything sketchy going on.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:53 am
Content Dev

I killed a few the other day on my Seer without issue I recall, but I'll try some again some time.

Support

Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:38 am
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

i'm not sure if its all of them, or if it is, Augs probably matter alot in those situations.
I avoid BG's on my seer when i can for sheer fact than 9/10 times they're able to shoot me before i even fire though, and i have less than 1 vis, with a low vis engine i tap-thrust in order to keep it as low as possible, doesn't matter half the time because BG's are psychic.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:44 pm

Moonlightneo wrote:
i'm not sure if its all of them, or if it is, Augs probably matter alot in those situations.
I avoid BG's on my seer when i can for sheer fact than 9/10 times they're able to shoot me before i even fire though, and i have less than 1 vis, with a low vis engine i tap-thrust in order to keep it as low as possible, doesn't matter half the time because BG's are psychic.

They could be auged 8 radar augs from what I care. They still shoudnt be able to see you from 6k+ distance at 0-0.2vis

Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:11 am

Maybe they are hacking and detecting my IP in space

Jeff may have invented artificial intelligence!!!

WE ARE ALL DOOMED.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:12 am