Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Post Re: Remove FWings from Twisted Builds
Its unintended. A biproduct of the class rebalance that was overlooked, to be more specific.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu May 04, 2017 12:24 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Chrono Warrior wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
By that logic, Mzungu Thunders shouldn't be rare or expensive. It's a T17 energy, perfect for lower level FCs and f2ps. But its cost is massively inflated because it's used to get Mzungu Lore for KMWs.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Teammate wanted a KMW set for his Berserker. And because no one was selling *any* Mzungu Thunders, he stuck a "Buying 1 Mzungu Thunder, 10b" level post into trade chat. The whole Mzungu Lore line has that level price tag and every piece that was required was extracted in large bundles in the same way you'd think would happen if a KMW ruin showed up.

This argument is no longer valid as KMW only requires 1 in mzungu lore now. You no longer need to use a bunch of mzungu items to train mzungu lore. Whether this is intended or not, I am not sure, but as it stands now that is the way it is.

- Chrono

This is a temporary situation. Caused by the skill tree.

Thu May 04, 2017 6:56 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Pixel wrote:
Chrono Warrior wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
By that logic, Mzungu Thunders shouldn't be rare or expensive. It's a T17 energy, perfect for lower level FCs and f2ps. But its cost is massively inflated because it's used to get Mzungu Lore for KMWs.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Teammate wanted a KMW set for his Berserker. And because no one was selling *any* Mzungu Thunders, he stuck a "Buying 1 Mzungu Thunder, 10b" level post into trade chat. The whole Mzungu Lore line has that level price tag and every piece that was required was extracted in large bundles in the same way you'd think would happen if a KMW ruin showed up.

This argument is no longer valid as KMW only requires 1 in mzungu lore now. You no longer need to use a bunch of mzungu items to train mzungu lore. Whether this is intended or not, I am not sure, but as it stands now that is the way it is.

- Chrono

This is a temporary situation. Caused by the skill tree.

Still not a good reason to stonewall people from ever using the FWing or DS again. "We already do stupid shit" is not a good justification for more stupidity.

Thu May 04, 2017 7:09 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

No item in the game should require items several levels down.

Thu May 04, 2017 8:10 pm

I've given a response. It wont be changed and suggested solutions to your complaint that would resolve it.

Go to war and claim the ruin.
Trade with others to get a better price.
Save up and buy the ruin.
Explore Wild Space for the ruin.
Buy/build an existing death striker and proceed to upgrade that into the Twisted version.

Max235 wrote:

Items that require other items is apart of Star Sonata I dunno how plainly I can explain that, regardless of tech or source. It is a core construct of this game and changing that will not be Star Sonata anymore.

I feel this is going in circles I wont respond unless something constructive is presented.

Sat May 06, 2017 8:00 am

Pixel wrote:
I've given a response. It wont be changed and suggested solutions to your complaint that would resolve it.

Go to war and claim the ruin.
Trade with others to get a better price.
Save up and buy the ruin.
Explore Wild Space for the ruin.
Buy/build an existing death striker and proceed to upgrade that into the Twisted version.

Max235 wrote:

Items that require other items is apart of Star Sonata I dunno how plainly I can explain that, regardless of tech or source. It is a core construct of this game and changing that will not be Star Sonata anymore.

I feel this is going in circles I wont respond unless something constructive is presented.

You keep approaching this like I'm asking for cheaper FWings, I have FWings in storage for days. The point is low level players and entry t20. They will never be able to afford Fwings or DSes for general use, because by the time they have the money to get one since the DS is like 30b+ now and the FWing is like 20b (rather than 900m like it used to be). So basically you've made two ships useless for no reason...

Again there is literally no good reason to do it. You keep falling back on "other stuff already does it", but that doesn't make it a good reason. There is no reason you can't add another item to the faranji ruins that costs the same to do it. You just don't want to change it for some inexplicable reason.

Sat May 06, 2017 2:04 pm

Pixel wrote:

Here's a fun one... What's your constructive reason for keeping a Faranji item in Bule Eradicator build, which makes no sense and only hurts low level players?

Or is your one constructive argument "We already do that with other stuff."? Which again, is not a real argument, it's just a statement confirming why SS is fucked up, because devs fight tooth and nail to avoid improving things.

Sat May 06, 2017 2:56 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Would be okay imo if the DS was at least as powerful as a Panther, and a DS+ on par with T21 LF like AWC.

But DS is not....

Sat May 06, 2017 10:36 pm

ShawnMcCall wrote:
You keep approaching this like I'm asking for cheaper FWings, I have FWings in storage for days. The point is low level players and entry t20. They will never be able to afford Fwings or DSes for general use, because by the time they have the money to get one since the DS is like 30b+ now and the FWing is like 20b (rather than 900m like it used to be). So basically you've made two ships useless for no reason...

Again there is literally no good reason to do it. You keep falling back on "other stuff already does it", but that doesn't make it a good reason. There is no reason you can't add another item to the faranji ruins that costs the same to do it. You just don't want to change it for some inexplicable reason.

I never seen Faranji Wingship as a low level option, as the ship was always sold for 2bil+. Which in many player views is way too much for a tech 9 ship. So the reason I don't think this is a valid point to remove an essential item from a build.

The reasoning to refer to pricing is that you keep stating pricing is the issue in your argument so naturally will tackle the elephant in the room.

Currently yes low levels with no money who wouldn't of brought it before Twisted anyways will not be able to purchase a Faranji Wingship but like all hot items it will blow over.

Sun May 07, 2017 5:11 am

Compromise; put capturable FWings somewhere in the game, remove the FWing from the Death Striker build and make the Death Striker a ship upgrade for Faranji Wingship.

That way low levels who want to use it can go to Enigmatic Sector or where ever and capture one, then if they are SD they can build a DS without dropping like 40b. Since the FWings in the Twisted build are all required to be item form capturable ones would not affect the market, and since low levels are never going to be able to afford Fwings now anyway, it can safely become the Build commod you want it to be without fucking over new players.

Fri May 26, 2017 2:55 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Pixel wrote:
I never seen Faranji Wingship as a low level option, as the ship was always sold for 2bil+. Which in many player views is way too much for a tech 9 ship. So the reason I don't think this is a valid point to remove an essential item from a build.

Actually I used a Faranji Wingship for a long time when I had started out as an SD, was given it for free from my at-the-time director Enselidus iirc. Eventually it got blown up by a flyswatter though because no stasis gen on it.

Sat May 27, 2017 11:47 am