Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Post with the 50% DPS nerf for FCs, maybe fix other issues now?
So most high end FCs woke up today to 40 to 50% nerf to their top line DPS, mainly from the multiplicative effect of the special fighter auras being fixed (which I am ok with). But if the feast or famine DPS for fighters is being looked to fix the extreme higher end DPS, perhaps also fix the extreme lower end?

Its given there are drawbacks to using fighters, but the downside right now on the lower end is equivalent to the imbalance the abnormally high DPS was on the other end. In AOE boss fights and against AI immune to a single fighter damage type FC DPS starts to approach zero.

Possible suggestions that wouldn't affect upper bound DPS, only lower bound:

-Have fighter controller skill also give resist to fighters.
-Buff the resistance aura from Cerbs
-Across-the-board negative transference for fighters so if people want to make an effort to keep them alive with healing they can more easily.
-Allow all cap ships to equip 2 fighter gens. Would make it so DPS doesnt drop to zero when fighting one AI with an immune damage type.
-Add in a fighter controller device like drone controllers. Then players can choose to do things like switch to a resistance controller in an AOE battle etc. (This would also help out future balance issues since all future DPS balance wouldn't need to revolve around a single non-scaling fighter.)

That is all for now. Thanks.

Last edited by dreadlordnaf on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:32 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Post Re: with the 50% DPS nerf for FCs, maybe fix other issues no
The aura thing would be like finding out the Delquad's code make augs multiply rather than add, and designed for when aug setups were Pos/Exc/Heph. Now we have CaL and Lunarian.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:09 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

I'm actually completely fine with Fighters being near useless in certain situations. You can't always be good, if you focus exclusively on fighters you have to be willing to accept that there will be situations in which you are not able to adapt. Use multiple types of fighters/bots with weapons/etc. Try being more flexible first, the reason Fighters don't run out of electricity is because they're supposed to feel good to use provided they don't get killed.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:58 pm

MasterTrader wrote:
I'm actually completely fine with Fighters being near useless in certain situations. You can't always be good, if you focus exclusively on fighters you have to be willing to accept that there will be situations in which you are not able to adapt. Use multiple types of fighters/bots with weapons/etc. Try being more flexible first, the reason Fighters don't run out of electricity is because they're supposed to feel good to use provided they don't get killed.

Thats sounds fine, if we had a more natural ability to tell our slaves to either launch or not launch fighters. For example I would be happy to put real weaps and overloaders on my Fighters Mastodons, and tell them to not launch fighters and instead use their weaps only against certain bosses, but unfortunately this isnt possible with current slave mechanics, nor with current FC slave augs that don't really have in mind mixed fighter/weap use.

Right now being "flexible" mainly means making sure you are an established player like me who can afford FOUR separate multi-hundred-billion credit slaves, 2 fighter ones and 2 direct damage PBFs (sorry those of you who are poor, no flexibility for you).

BTW I am not asking for fighter AOE immunity. What would be nice though is an option if I so choose, to pursue some gear or put some effort toward something that would allow me to trade off fighter DPS for moderately better AOE protection in certain situations. I understand the limitations of fighters that you are speaking of, but most classes can simply hit E and change weapons.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:42 pm
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

wait, qokujis and peacemakers still gave off auras??????????

IT WAS MORE BROKEN AND I DIDN'T KNOW? I wasn't even using peacemakers and qokujis, and I already thought fighters were too cheap and too good!

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:43 pm

cej1120con wrote:
wait, qokujis and peacemakers still gave off auras??????????

IT WAS MORE BROKEN AND I DIDN'T KNOW? I wasn't even using peacemakers and qokujis, and I already thought fighters were too cheap and too good!

@Johnston - You should prob remove your sig then. I can see a scrub FC not knowing that, or even the SECOND BEST FC not knowing that, but the best?

@Hober - BTW the Fighter Controller idea would fix this and many other problems which you will 100% be facing in the future with fighter balance and scaling. You could nerf fighter DPS across the board, allow damage or ROF Fighter Controllers that put it back, and keep your vision for glass cannon fighters. But then others of us could forgo that DPS and use a defensive one instead.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:42 pm
Main: Doran!
Level: 7005

dreadlordnaf wrote:
Thats sounds fine, if we had a more natural ability to tell our slaves to either launch or not launch fighters. For example I would be happy to put real weaps and overloaders on my Fighters Mastodons, and tell them to not launch fighters and instead use their weaps only against certain bosses, but unfortunately this isnt possible with current slave mechanics

I support this statement very much. Can we please change fighters and missiles to use an "Equip"-system? Equipped fighters are the only ones which are launched, and any fighters that return to the ship will be auto equipped for relaunch. Don't give them a charging rate or slot restrictions.

The only limitation I can think of in this system is that it is a bit difficult to manage in which order slaves should launch their fighters if there are more than one type equipped, but perhaps that could be solved by making it so that the ones which are equipped first go first into the launch queue.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:34 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

I am very much in favor of more fine tuned control over what your bots do and why they do it, I don't know when this would be implemented but I will bring it up.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:07 pm
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

dreadlordnaf wrote:
@Johnston - You should prob remove your sig then. I can see a scrub FC not knowing that, or even the SECOND BEST FC not knowing that, but the best?

I knew that the Peacemakers, Qokujis, and Cerberus gave off auras, but I would have 100% expected that given how OP fighters were about to become without the auras, the devs would've had the sensibility to remove them. Which turns out they did, though not immediately.

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 pm