Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

Post Make Glory/Infamy/Team Skills great again
Before I start let's agree on two things
1. Glory & Infamy have no use beyond e-peen
2. Team Skills need some more work put into them

Agreed? I purpose a system where the combined glory a team has will allow them to train "Glory Team skills". The more glory a team has, the faster they can train skills.

The same applies to infamy. The more combined infamy a team has will allow them to train "Infamy Team skills". The more infamy a team has, the faster they can train skills.

This allows for teams to specialize more, and feel as though they can define themselves. It may also bring more PvP as a team that wants to train infamy skills will have to kill some players. This system solves both of the two problems I listed above.

Glory Team skills
Team skills within this class are more focused tword a home field advantage on your team space. Things like...
  • Galactic Control
  • HQ Filling Station
  • Home Field Advantage
  • Shield Projection
  • Station Logistics
  • Drone Logistics
  • ect.

Put whatever skills you want into whatever class you want and change the skills themselves as you like. This is just a rough idea. For the infamy team skills I took the liberty of suggesting a few skills since we don't have many I'd consider to be helpful offensively

Infamy Team Skills
Team skills within this class are more focused tword an offensive advantage on your bases. Things like...
  • "Hardened Drone Logistics" (Allows a limited number of Perma drones to be deployed in a bvb)
  • "Supercharged" (Shortens the activation time on Base Amps)
  • "WarHungry" (Allows for more wars beyond what normal the warmongering skill can provide)
  • "Galactic Supremacy" (Allows for more outposts beyond what normal the warmongering skill can provide)
  • ect.

Put whatever skills you want into whatever class you want and change the skills themselves as you like. This is just a rough idea. For the infamy team skills I took the liberty of suggesting skills since we don't have many I'd consider to be helpful offensively.

Now onto my next part. The details of how you allocate these infamy/glory points to a team. I like the idea of team score being the basis of a teams XP rate and want to leave that ingame. Perhaps, you could use the ratio of infamy-glory points on a team. A team with a 50%/50% split of infamy/glory points will get half of the XP they earn put into each class where they may spend it how they like within the class.

Or maybe not. Other people may think of a better way to do it.

Thoughts?

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:22 am
Team: Adamantiumized Souls
Main: david3000
Level: 6244

Post Re: Make Glory/Infamy/Team Skills great again
Everything looks good, but I would think that infamy would provide negative bonuses, as it is basically a punishment for killing noobs.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:28 am

Cant be bad or nobody would train it and you only need to kill someone lower level iirc, not a noob necessarily.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:39 am

I thought it was a punishment because it increases the amount of glory you lose when you die and also shortens your pvp level minimum

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:41 am

I guess it could be revamped to not be a punishment like you said, but then how would it be acquired?

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:42 am

maestro3000 wrote:
I thought it was a punishment because it increases the amount of glory you lose when you die minimum

Did not know this. That may need to be changed or it could lead to people changing the glory/infamy ratio easily

maestro3000 wrote:
I guess it could be revamped to not be a punishment like you said, but then how would it be acquired?

Killing anyone below your level gives infamy. Above your level gives glory.
Altho i'm not sure how players lose infamy in-game atm. I assume by being killed?

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:03 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

We'd need to fix the method of obtaining glory and infamy for this to work or be worth doing. Right now you can just game glory easily (and infamy) and manipulate them both.

Support

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:44 am