Post Dev Blog – New Modification System in Progress
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/announcements ... -progress/

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:39 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Morphine
Level: 6054

Post Re: Dev Blog – New Modification System in Progress
Eta?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:54 am
Main: NeonSword
Level: 3197

por favor mister ingen i need mi strong trancendental mod or i can no puedo fit el krs in mi ship. pls ingen i need more room in mi sped diablo, yo am only smal latino boy

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:02 am
Main: Frisco
Level: 2735

this is the dumbest thing that should be done tech gonna be useless 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:13 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

First off, despite the massive credit sink in modded ruin items that myself and some of my teamies will have wiped out, I welcome this new change (some of them might not though).

While I did it anyway, I hated conceptually the process of having buy up and bindo useless items just to tweak my high end setup.

I do like being able to reroll mods if get one you dont like. Clarification question: Will each reroll take a bindo AND credits?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:51 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

tl;dr: get rekt

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:00 am
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

razerx wrote:
this is the dumbest thing that should be done tech gonna be useless 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Disagree. The screenshot attached of me having to buy up those and bindo them just to maximize my high end setup for certain passive mods is the dumbest thing ever... Not being required to do this anymore to maximize my setup is welcomed.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:11 am
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

Antilzah wrote:
tl;dr: get rekt

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:45 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

dreadlordnaf wrote:
First off, despite the massive credit sink in modded ruin items that myself and some of my teamies will have wiped out, I welcome this new change (some of them might not though).

While I did it anyway, I hated conceptually the process of having buy up and bindo useless items just to tweak my high end setup.

I do like being able to reroll mods if get one you dont like. Clarification question: Will each reroll take a bindo AND credits?

No. Bindo is used the first time to put a Primary mod on the item, and then it just takes credits to keep rerolling the Primary mod.

razerx wrote:
this is the dumbest thing that should be done tech gonna be useless

The tech of the item can still potentially affect the stat range. It hasn't been decided yet.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:58 pm
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

wheres the list of primaries and secondaries?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Quote:
Any existing modified items will retain their modifications.

Quote:
The following modifications are NOT nerfed, but are no longer obtainable: Rewired, Extended, Amplified, Superconducting, Overclocked, Buffered, Dynamic, Forceful, and Scoped.

For the sake of clarity, will new mods that increase range, elec temp, tracking, and regen (both shield and elec) be added? Cuase that is a huge range of passive buffs you just took out.

I think my main concern is what are you going to do to prevent players with mountains of legacy gear from rolling newer players who cannot get gear that powerful any more?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:06 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Get guud and learn to build bases?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:34 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

For people to enjoy and hit others with!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:09 pm
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Will exciting mean good or exciting like supers? Shouldn't supers/tweaks have zany effects and mods be about , power.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:26 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

sabre198 wrote:
wheres the list of primaries and secondaries?

This will be released a bit later, once we have a first draft of the numbers. I didn't want to flood this thread with so much information so I chose to start just with the overview.

lrellok wrote:
For the sake of clarity, will new mods that increase range, elec temp, tracking, and regen (both shield and elec) be added? Cuase that is a huge range of passive buffs you just took out.

I think my main concern is what are you going to do to prevent players with mountains of legacy gear from rolling newer players who cannot get gear that powerful any more?

There will be Primary mods for all of those stats. Primaries are being designed to be valuable enough that most legacy gear will be improved by rerolling into the new system. There will be a few exceptions to this, but those will be smoothed over with the passage of time as new, higher tech gear is released.

sabre198 wrote:
Will exciting mean good or exciting like supers? Shouldn't supers/tweaks have zany effects and mods be about , power.

Why shouldn't mods be about both? There will be some that are "zanier" than others but they should also be quite useful. Currently, most mods fall into what I might call the "tune-up" category. We are shifting the system to be more about true modifications (compare the Millennium Falcon to its stock version).

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:49 am