Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

Post Unplayable due to stuttering
idk what's happening but just now I've started jumping backward ~200 distance every few seconds. I can see trade slaves in the galaxy I'm in doing something similar. The AI aren't and they're shooting at things just fine.

edit: the damage taken doesn't go away when I get moved backwards. I just took damage from the same sun 3 times.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:02 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

Post Re: Unplayable due to stuttering
Rubberbanding on your own ship is likely due to our new code that is more restricting to client-side movement to prevent teleport attempts. Unfortunately, on less than ideal connection quality this can result in problems such as your own. In the next patch, I've got some changes that should improve the experience for those in your situation.

If you see something similar happening with trade slaves, that is definitely indicative of a general problem with your connection as nothing has been changed recently that would effect them.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:44 pm

Was the patch for this put in? I'm still having the issue with rubberbanding. I've only had it since the recent teleport-prevention code was added.

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:06 pm

If we can't get client side sync to work can we at least have the server take over /ap ? It's barely functional at the moment - constantly gives "You are too far from the womhole" then drifts off to infinity.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:02 pm