Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

Post The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless and
most retarded big changes since I started in 2009. Current PBFs were still pretty mediocre after the MF bot nerf. Mastodons with fighters were about the same in capabilities.

The PBFs were changed from 650% shield and energy to 200%. What for? It already had weaker resists than any other t20 capital ships

and now I would probably literally toss overboard a PBF BP if I got one. It's 100% worthless garbage now

so I guess my suggestion is to get chromosome replacement therapy and revert the PBF change because it pretty much killed the enthusiasm i had for resubbing at the upcoming uni reset.

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:40 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Post Re: The PBF change was probably one of the most pointless an
A 3 Aug capital ship that has huge bank stats to make up for only having 2 augs.

Something about that seem off to you? Capital ships get huge +bank stats as compensation for their huge size, huge weight, slow speed and 2 augs. Tell me which ones apply to the PBF.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:24 pm

That third augmenter slot doesn't mean much compared with fighters whose DPS is more or less unaffected by augmenters beyond electric regeneration.

The Mastodon as a fighter boat doesn't need a third augmenter to compete.

A PBF with its old stats but 2 augmenter slots as a fighter boat is absolutely better than the new stats with 3 augmenters as a gunboat. That third augmenter slot is NOT as valuable for a Fleet Commander who has the option to use fighter boats instead.

ALSO the PBF already has notably weaker resistances than any of the other t20 capital ships.

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Last edited by cej1120con on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:38 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

I'm sure the change was intended for people who used the PBF as a main ship. Eg, T20 players.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:39 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Max235 wrote:
I'm sure the change was intended for people who used the PBF as a main ship. Eg, T20 players.

And some T22 players, hence the urgency of the nerf…

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:34 pm
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

anilv wrote:

I've only ever seen a handful of t21 players use the red photon line or zeus throne. I hope that doesn't mean the EFDN is getting an urgent nerf?

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:06 pm

anilv wrote:
Max235 wrote:

well, could the dev team elaborate more on the reason? because your desire to nerf someone's main ship also nerfed someone else's slaves that weren't exactly broken or OP

Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:43 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Considering how fundamentally weak the PBF was in resists, the high shield and energybank bonus didn't make much of a difference as you all think...

Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:05 am

Tomzta09 wrote:
Considering how fundamentally weak the PBF was in resists, the high shield and energybank bonus didn't make much of a difference as you all think...

basically this

Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:24 am
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

From everything I've been reading about this, I have to wonder who would even build PBFs or use them any more. It sounds like they're incredibly expensive, now worse in every way to other far cheaper ships, and incredibly squishy to boot. It's a shame too, even though I always have and will like the more blocky solid looking capital ships (gib Mastodon pls) having PBFs as slaves would have been fun.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:09 am
over 9000!

cej1120con wrote:
well, could the dev team elaborate more on the reason? because your desire to nerf someone's main ship also nerfed someone else's slaves that weren't exactly broken or OP

Sure, the PBF does substantially more DPS as Gunner than any T21+ capship. It is not particularly expensive, even for a T20 ship, and certainly not compared to the T21+ ships it is doing more DPS than.

It really sounds like the main reason you consider the PBF inferior to the Mastodon is that fighter spam from bots is overpowered.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:20 am
over 9000!

Septagon wrote:
From everything I've been reading about this, I have to wonder who would even build PBFs or use them any more. It sounds like they're incredibly expensive, now worse in every way to other far cheaper ships, and incredibly squishy to boot. It's a shame too, even though I always have and will like the more blocky solid looking capital ships (gib Mastodon pls) having PBFs as slaves would have been fun.

You should probably check the wiki sometime instead of just speculating. The PBF is not particularly expensive compared to other T20 ships. Any UZ ship or + ship would be more expensive.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:21 am
over 9000!

iwnh01 wrote:
anilv wrote:

I've only ever seen a handful of t21 players use the red photon line or zeus throne. I hope that doesn't mean the EFDN is getting an urgent nerf?

No, because ZT and RP ships are better than EFDN.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:22 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Can anybody explain how a shield boost would mean a gunner does more dps?

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:50 am
Profile WWW

anilv wrote:
cej1120con wrote:

Sure, the PBF does substantially more DPS as Gunner than any T21+ capship.

So because a Gunner can break it means you have to ruin it for everyone else?

anilv wrote:
It is not particularly expensive, even for a T20 ship, and certainly not compared to the T21+ ships it is doing more DPS than.

The blueprint is a pain in the ass to get, and is 1-use. That is what makes it more expensive.

anilv wrote:
It really sounds like the main reason you consider the PBF inferior to the Mastodon is that fighter spam from bots is overpowered.

I know you're not an idiot so I don't know why you're pretending to be one here.

Mastodons with fighter spam are like 1-ply toilet paper, and the nerfed PBFs are like having to use your bare hand to wipe with. I'd much rather use the 1-ply toilet paper, but 1-ply is mediocre at best.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:07 am