Yes, no more than 2 per team. 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Yes, no more than 1 per team. 50%  50%  [ 30 ]
No, but we do need a solution. 13%  13%  [ 8 ]
No, let player devs do what they want. 30%  30%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 60

Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

Post Create Restrictions on # of Player Devs on 1 Team: Bias Bad!
This has been a problem since I started the game in 2009.

1. Restrict to 3 or less player devs on a single in-game team.

2. Teams with more than 1-2 player devs cannot have a player dev be in a leadership position on that team.

3. Player devs must either
A) wait a minimum of 2 weeks to bring up a game mechanic that has directly affected them such as PvP or BvB, or
B) create a public post regarding the fact that a game mechanic was brought up right after it affected a dev.

If you're going to have a dev meeting after your team loses a BvB, either sit for 2 weeks and let the salt wash away, or post it in a public forum for all to see, and let everyone know you're not salty and you're just discussing some serious concerns that you just experienced.

4. Primary+secondary teams are considered a singular team with regards to these rules (IE: Resident Evil, Umbrella Corporation; Traders, Dark Traders; Eminence Front, Eminence Back.)

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:58 pm
Main: Bracek-
Level: 7027

Post Re: Create Restrictions on # of Player Devs on 1 Team: Bias
Forum polls, rofl. The 1 per team option just got 7 votes in 1 minute. Not rigged at all :lol:

Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:32 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

I personally don't have any problems with this, but that's just my personal opinion. I don't know if this is really neccessary, but it wouldn't negatively affect my gameplay.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:01 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Komek+ wrote:
Forum polls, rofl. The 1 per team option just got 7 votes in 1 minute. Not rigged at all :lol:

I'm not a dev. 6 in a minute.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:29 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

I don't understand all the hate toward the dev team. That is, if you ignore the fact they're destroying the game and making decisions based on knee jerk reactions when they lose PvP fights.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:25 am
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

I was somewhat cautiously optimistic when the mass of player devs was first announced, but now I want all of them gone honestly.

It's just not realistic to expect people who are taking part in a highly competitive team based game to stay unbiased or stay at the same standards the admins can. Just look at Red being banned for the stuff he did with wild slaves, and being revealed as knowing Curse was using scripts and bots but letting him off because they were friends. Or DarkSteels drone thing a while back that while minor, was still an exploit that he basically replied to by saying "lol stop crying".

I think that either one of two things needs to happen: The current player developers need to be required to leave their teams in some form or quit the dev team, or a zero tolerance policy needs to be implemented. As a player developer, you are part of the group that's designing and directing this game. Any exploit, any bug abuse, any bias and there needs to be a policy of immediately banning all their accounts and removing their developer status.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:14 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Septagon wrote:
I was somewhat cautiously optimistic when the mass of player devs was first announced, but now I want all of them gone honestly.

It's just not realistic to expect people who are taking part in a highly competitive team based game to stay unbiased or stay at the same standards the admins can. Just look at Red being banned for the stuff he did with wild slaves, and being revealed as knowing Curse was using scripts and bots but letting him off because they were friends. Or DarkSteels drone thing a while back that while minor, was still an exploit that he basically replied to by saying "lol stop crying".

I think that either one of two things needs to happen: The current player developers need to be required to leave their teams in some form or quit the dev team, or a zero tolerance policy needs to be implemented. As a player developer, you are part of the group that's designing and directing this game. Any exploit, any bug abuse, any bias and there needs to be a policy of immediately banning all their accounts and removing their developer status.

Couldn't agree more but is it going to happen? Probably not.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:58 am
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

Komek+ wrote:

Just would like to point out that I have watched this poll over time. It did not get 7 votes in 1 minute, but rather rose gradually over time.

Nice attempt at trying to discredit the poll though, though not surprising since your team would has something to gain from discrediting that particular option.

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:09 am

cej1120con wrote:
Komek+ wrote:

Just would like to point out that I have watched this poll over time. It did not get 7 votes in 1 minute, but rather rose gradually over time.

Nice attempt at trying to discredit the poll though, though not surprising since your team would has something to gain from discrediting that particular option.

I'm fairly sure Komek is one of DarkSteel's chars. I certainly hope he's not posting on a thread about devs on his non dev acc.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:41 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

I feel like this would be hard to enforce or regulate properly, particularly since we take people on who keep their identity secret or players move teams.

For curiosity, do I count as a player dev?

Support

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:01 am

Blue Dwarf wrote:
I feel like this would be hard to enforce or regulate properly, particularly since we take people on who keep their identity secret or players move teams.

This shouldn't be a thing. If you're going to develop a competitive game as a player, then there's nothing stopping you from making decisions, or pushing for decisions, which benefit you and your team the most. This is where transparency is important. At the moment the playerbase has basically 0 trust in the player dev team. This is a pretty big problem and something has to change.

Blue Dwarf wrote:

No, since you're not on a team or active as a player of the game.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:26 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Masterful wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:

This shouldn't be a thing. If you're going to develop a competitive game as a player, then there's nothing stopping you from making decisions, or pushing for decisions, which benefit you and your team the most. This is where transparency is important. At the moment the playerbase has basically 0 trust in the player dev team. This is a pretty big problem and something has to change.

This works both ways, I made a new character when the new class skills came in as a Seer. I joined DSF and kept my identity a secret.

Quote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:

No, since you're not on a team or active as a player of the game.

Rip, nearly all my characters are on SRX. One is on SoftShock, one on DSF and one on Capitalists. But you're right, I'm not active (and I don't take part of things like war or bvb)

Support

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:31 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

could never work, you wouldnt get any new devs

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:00 am
Profile WWW
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

sabre198 wrote:
could never work, you wouldnt get any new devs

Maybe it's time to bring in professionals.

Edit: Also after poking around a bit on the forum it seems like Komek is a dev, or an alt of one? Why on earth would you reply to this thread semianonymously like that? It's a really scummy thing to do and really makes you look really suspicious.

Edit 2: lmao, apparently Komek is DarkSteels alt. Classy dude, even if it was just an accident you posted on an alt account, trying to immediately go about discrediting the idea behind the thread is nice. Poor show, and a good example of why the devs need to be held to higher standards.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:26 am
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

Blue Dwarf wrote:

I think what people may object to are situations where there is a clear conflict of interest. I could be mistaken but my understanding is that you don't do content development for this game. The advantage you would have in that case may be limited to prior knowledge of items, content and changes before they are put in the game.

From what I've seen there doesn't seem to be a system of managing conflicts of interest for player devs. Especially as if you say, people keep their identity secret. Perhaps this should change.

It's hard for me to believe that player devs given their position and put in a situation where there is a conflict of interest, that none will act corruptly. I've heard people openly discuss situations where in the past this is exactly what has happened.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:31 pm