Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: uss brown
Level: 7967

Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
sabre198 wrote:
so what will become the third best gunner ship now after all this wrangling?

Obviously the EFDN will be the next super new OP ship that admins are gonna go after for being third best.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:35 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

No. They're not going after it for third best. They're going after EFDN because there are no devs on RE to stop them. The EFDN is a very op anti-dev ship. It repels them, so they must get rid of it.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:28 am
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

Max235 wrote:
Buying Johnston V2's PBF slaves for 2b each. That's the credit cost to build them.

Isn't that a bit like asking to buy a car for the value of the raw materials?

Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:34 am

iwnh01 wrote:
Max235 wrote:
Buying Johnston V2's PBF slaves for 2b each. That's the credit cost to build them.

Yes. To put in perspective of RL, faced with the prospect that the Ford F-150 will not be an internal combustion gasoline engine vehicle anymore, Johnston has decided to commit suicide. The newest model of F-150 is an internal combustion *hydrogen* engine vehicle. Currently, he's a ghost looking down on the world and being all dramatic about his beloved gasoline engine and how even if Ford made a new gas engine vehicle for him, it's too late. Ford is tainted by the hydrogen, drama dramatic drama.

So he's staying dead.

Me? Well, I can use a fancy hydrogen vehicle. And if he wants to be dramatic about the loss of his car when Ford updates the model...it would be a waste not to have someone use it.

In response to my offer, John went even more dramatic and retarded. He already unsubbed and is not coming back, because the nerf ruined his will to play. Even if the admins reinstated the PBF back to "original" stats, he lost the will to play from the original nerf. His account has not expired, just unsubbed. When it expires, he won't be back.

So I was offering the cost of the PBFs to minimize my loss (when his account expires, everything on it is gone forever because he's not coming back) and continue the usefulness of the PBFs.

Johnston's temper tantrum about the PBF offer basically equates to an old man in his dying breath not giving away his fortune to charity...but rather buying millions of dollars worth of food and on live national television letting it rot away just so the needy hungry people of the world can't have it.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:30 am
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

Max235 wrote:
iwnh01 wrote:
Max235 wrote:

Yes. To put in perspective of RL, faced with the prospect that the Ford F-150 will not be an internal combustion gasoline engine vehicle anymore, Johnston has decided to commit suicide. The newest model of F-150 is an internal combustion *hydrogen* engine vehicle. Currently, he's a ghost looking down on the world and being all dramatic about his beloved gasoline engine and how even if Ford made a new gas engine vehicle for him, it's too late. Ford is tainted by the hydrogen, drama dramatic drama.

So he's staying dead.

Me? Well, I can use a fancy hydrogen vehicle. And if he wants to be dramatic about the loss of his car when Ford updates the model...it would be a waste not to have someone use it.

In response to my offer, John went even more dramatic and retarded. He already unsubbed and is not coming back, because the nerf ruined his will to play. Even if the admins reinstated the PBF back to "original" stats, he lost the will to play from the original nerf. His account has not expired, just unsubbed. When it expires, he won't be back.

So I was offering the cost of the PBFs to minimize my loss (when his account expires, everything on it is gone forever because he's not coming back) and continue the usefulness of the PBFs.

Johnston's temper tantrum about the PBF offer basically equates to an old man in his dying breath not giving away his fortune to charity...but rather buying millions of dollars worth of food and on live national television letting it rot away just so the needy hungry people of the world can't have it.

wait, wouldn't your analogy be better if the new model of the Ford F-150 was a gasoline engine and the old model was the hydrogen fuel based vehicle?

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:02 am
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

Max235 wrote:
iwnh01 wrote:
Max235 wrote:

So he's staying dead.

Why would he want the 2B then? Also, wouldn't all the rotting food be distributed through his estate?

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:28 am

No, it wouldn't. In this case his purchase of the food is to put them on tables out in the desert/wilderness so he can timelapse their decay.

It matters not, though. I have the income to go to other people and get PBFs. He's just being a whiny temper tantrum throwing child and I was responding in kind.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:39 pm

this seems like a bad analogy ngl

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Could be good, could be bad. The point was that since you're leaving regardless..unless the dev team massively buff the PBF above the original point (which they won't do because that's like giving the Prawn 5 augs), that any credits used to buy your PBFs will ultimately be wasted. That money is not going into the economy period, because the account won't be resubbed. You might as well give them away for free, and let me give the 30b to a Fuzz. It would be the same overall loss.

Which is why I made the analogy of the old rich guy buying food just to let it all go bad because it means that food cannot go to someone's meal. Though in this case the old man already has the food, sees the starving people outside, and smile as his final action lets the food go bad. It's certainly not against the law, though it is in bad taste to do so in any part of the world.

Luckily, just like the man, you aren't sticking around to do that again. Ta ta.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:28 am

you're acting as if I'd be the first person to ever quit because their ships or setups are no longer useful or valid, and I'd be the only person to have ever wasted assets because they're on an unsubbed account.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:22 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

MasterTrader wrote:
phillyfan83 wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:
Considering how fundamentally weak the PBF was in resists, the high shield and energybank bonus didn't make much of a difference as you all think...

If it didn't make much of a difference then why is this entire thread covered in your tears

:lol: And this is when you can tell you haven't got anything more to contribute to this thread, when you resort to insults and irrelevant, meaningless comments like that. If there was a non-autistic braincell between the two of you, you'd know that this change does not affect me in the slightest. I don't own a PBF. I've never owned one. I'm simply observing from the point of view of players who do own PBFs & I'm explaining to you exactly why this was such a pointless and unneeded change like 75% of the changes that have been rammed into this game over the past year, not that you would notice because you spend more time
responding to criticism in pretty much the way you both did above.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:20 am
Main: MeowStick
Level: 4929

Tomzta09 wrote:
:lol: And this is when you can tell you haven't got anything more to contribute to this thread, when you resort to insults and irrelevant, meaningless comments like that. If there was a non-autistic braincell between the two of you, you'd know that this change does not affect me in the slightest. I don't own a PBF. I've never owned one. I'm simply observing from the point of view of players who do own PBFs & I'm explaining to you exactly why this was such a pointless and unneeded change like 75% of the changes that have been rammed into this game over the past year, not that you would notice because you spend more time
responding to criticism in pretty much the way you both did above.

Hober you got destroyed son

Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:15 am

This patch nerfing PBFs and the Battle Sphere is still one of the biggest bullshit patches to the game in the 8 years I've played.

Retarded as fuck

Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:40 am
Main: MeowStick
Level: 4929

Prawn HM and MF*

Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:25 am
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

cej1120con wrote:
Max235 wrote:
Costs exactly 1,415,702,500 credits to build a Paxian Battle Frigate.

Alright you want to be a retard, let's be a retard.

1,000,000 Metals @ 50 Credits each at an AI base = 50m
200,000,000 Metals @ 50 Credits each at an AI base = 10b
1,000,000 Silicon @ 30 Credits each at an AI base = 30m
1,000,000 Baobabs @ 400 Credits each at an AI base = 400m
1,000,000 Microchips @ 100 Credits each at an AI base = 100m
10,000 Personal Computers @ 4000 Credits each on the market = 40m
1,000 Fembots @ 300k Credits each on the market = 300m
10,000 Peasants @ 400 Credits each at an AI base = 4m
200,000,000 Credits = 200m
2 Complicated Factory Parts - Since you get these back I'll just call these 0

Oh would you look at that, 11.124bil commodity cost.
According to the market, the effort cost to obtain a PBF BP is worth about 14.5bil.

Well now we're at 25.624bil.

1 Earthforce Dreadnought
Retailed on /mc at 2.4bil. We can take that as a working pricetag.

We're now at 28.024bil.

1 Pax Astronomica
Not on the market. Sad! Tell you what, this costs 800mil to make in raw credits. The Astronomica Boomerangs are valued at 100mil on the market. I'm going to round down and say the cost to get the rest of its commodities is just 100m too (it's probably more).

Okay, so, my final tally to build a PBF is 29.024bil.
I wonder what someone would sell it for, then?

I take offense at those numbers. If you buy AI base metals for a large build like that you are simply a froob. There's no getting over it.

[math]
Assuming Earthforce Space(the worst place to build stuff) you get on average 5 metal extractor slots for free on any body that can have metals. Using those costs you rations, which gives you more than 10 metals per credit at least, which is basically 0 cost.
But let's say you are limited on base slots and do some terraforming. Deep Core Mining done at the start of a universe gives you around 16m extra metals throughout the uni, assuming a tech 9 base(the absolute minimum).
The actual cost of a deep core mining is around 170 mils, which makes the price of metals gained this way something like 10 credits.
Since you gain just as much for free, the average price is around 5 credits per metal.
But let's say you REALLY REALLY hate spamming bases and decide to do the next level of terraforming. You know it's awfully expensive and your soul will go to hell for it, but you decide to do it anyway.
In that case you will spend a whopping 730 mils per Deeper Core Mining, which gives you just as much extra metals as the previous level. The metals from this new source will be priced at 44 credits each, which brings your average cost to 19 credits per metal.
Assuming this ridiculous level of terraforming, an Earthforce Dreadnought costs around 2.1B.
[/math]

I won't even get into the rest of your numbers since you started with the ridiculous assumption that a production base buys all materials from AI-bases or /mc.

/shakes head

Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:14 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next