Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

Post temp drone slots separate by team in each gal
make temp drone slots separate by team in each gal.

When pvb happens and first team just maxed temp drone slots it makes other team's engis rather useless during the fight.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:50 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Post Re: temp drone slots separate by team in each gal
+1

Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:50 am
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

+1

Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:38 am
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

+1

Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:51 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

+Pixel

Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:10 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

I'd actually like to see this for perm drones as well, so that you can bring drones to your BvB.

Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:05 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

ShawnMcCall wrote:
I'd actually like to see this for perm drones as well, so that you can bring drones to your BvB.

We are working on this.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:26 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

The limit shouldn't even be a thing.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:58 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

We discussed this on Tuesday and determined that it's not possible to remove the limit completely. It could lead to serious slowdowns on the server side. However, we confirmed with Jey that the limit could be raised a bit as a provisional change while we think about more permanent options. We will be raising the limit from 30 to 70.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:57 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

anilv wrote:
We discussed this on Tuesday and determined that it's not possible to remove the limit completely. It could lead to serious slowdowns on the server side. However, we confirmed with Jey that the limit could be raised a bit as a provisional change while we think about more permanent options. We will be raising the limit from 30 to 70.

This creates all new problems, in a way. The HPS available from 10 engis worth of drones is astronomical, and quite frankly, easy to muster as a team. So now you'll have the same problem (one side taking all the drone slots), except now the first team to lay drones can amass a nearly unkillable amount of HPS. I think 30 drones (for each team with at least one base in the galaxy so that people don't abuse off team alts for extra drone slots) is probably the best option. That allows both teams to meet eachother with relatively equal force, and provides the best balance.

Rest assured though, you make it 70 and don't force a division amongst teams, you're opening a can of worms. Because now BvB attackers just lay 2 twisted galactic bubbles, an Twisted Prot and 67 Bhisaj Drones, gg.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:56 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

ShawnMcCall wrote:
anilv wrote:

This creates all new problems, in a way. The HPS available from 10 engis worth of drones is astronomical, and quite frankly, easy to muster as a team. So now you'll have the same problem (one side taking all the drone slots), except now the first team to lay drones can amass a nearly unkillable amount of HPS. I think 30 drones (for each team with at least one base in the galaxy so that people don't abuse off team alts for extra drone slots) is probably the best option. That allows both teams to meet eachother with relatively equal force, and provides the best balance.

Rest assured though, you make it 70 and don't force a division amongst teams, you're opening a can of worms. Because now BvB attackers just lay 2 twisted galactic bubbles, an Twisted Prot and 67 Bhisaj Drones, gg.

Gunner wet dream. Your criticism was expressed in the meeting,
we brought this up as an issue but to be honest it's the best of a bad situation at present. We'll be actively working to find a better solution.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:10 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

How about a soft cap of 30 per team and hard cap of 70.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:07 am