Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Post Plug the 500 to 1100 AI ship gap
http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/A ... vel#Warp_3

There are currently three ships between levels 500 and 1100, one of which has some of the best resistances in the game. The result of this is that newer players tend to run into a bit of a block at level 500 and either need help getting past it or quit.

This idea would have three parts.

The Shining Crusade

The first would be to introduce advanced level fleets of the Jewel Transports (Ruby transport, diamond transport, ext). These ships have been largely overlooked, and there is presently in game no mid level freighter AI to fight. They would center around fighter and missile spam, with different forms of lazers and beam weapons emphasizing side effects; FOrgone Lazer, COndemned jade Ion lazer, Bordr COllie Lazer, reaver lazer, Basil Chill Ray, and a souped up version of Jelly Beam would all be used on these ships, in addition to Seers Fire and Reach of Promethius.

These ships would be found in fleets throughout EF and WS similar to Dark Commerce, except they are automatically full agro to all players. Multiple differant ships would be in a fleet, and differing weapon loadouts would result in the ships supporting eachothr in a fight. SO a fleet might have 2 Emerald Crusader with COndemned Jade Lazers , 3 Ruby Crusaders with Seers fire , a Sapphire Crusaders with a Basil chill Ray, and two Diamond Crusaders with Boarder Collie Lazers. All shooting at you all at the same time.

The back story is that the Ancient Astroid Beng also spawned the Gem Transports, and they are pissed as hell it was killed. That it was trying to kill the Colored Empires is of no concern to them, they worshiped it as a god, and if god decided colored emps was to die, then they ought to die. As it was these squishy human types who killed, it, they start attacking anything even looking like a human ("They are so pink and squishy, how the hell are we supposed to tell which one is which?") ANy mission interaction represents them as being MASSIVE mineral supremacists, who view fleshy lifeforms as a throwback who need to be destroyed.

PYRITE Alliance! Private Yards Resisting Imperialist Trade Encroachment

With the demise of so many Blue and Infernal Leaders, the various pirate factions have had to reorganize. In the process of this, several previosly unaligned pirate groups have formed a confederation, called PYRITE, to coordinate their raiding and research better weapons and equipment. The result has been a drastic improvement in their ships weaponry and equipment, to the detriment of everyone who encounters them.

The Pyrite Alliance would consist of level 600 to 900 versions of existing pirate ships

Playboy (upgraded Prettyboy)

Playgirl (Upgraded Pretty girl)

Ragstorm (Upgraded Ragnarok)

Orog (Upgraded Goblin)

Ogre (Upgraded Goblin)

Raver (Downgraded Reaver)

HOtrod Ultimate

In addition Nephil, Astrodust would also be involved, without modifications.

What would make these ships different is both the level increase and the loadout. Because the pirates have been Cannibalizing and trading trading technologies, you would see things like Goblin Boogie on a Hotrod Ultimate or Injured Rage Divice on a Orog. Further, weapons like Hot GLue Gun, Pionic Wave AMplifier, Mcfly Beam, and the ones listed above under The Shining Crusade would be the norm for these ships.

Like the crusade they would travel in multi vessel fleets (1raver, 3 orog, 2 playgirls, 2 ragestorms in a single fleet for instance). Each ship type would have at least 1 normal weapon set, 1 special weapon set (the above), at least 1 special item, and one super tweek. SO an Orog might have 3 blue bullets gamma, 2 Mcfly Beams, a Injured Rage Divice, a Goblin Boogie, and a Tycoon Shield Poltice...on one ship.

A Playgirl might have a point Defence Epsilon, a seer's Underminer, a Border Collie lazer, a FLit Divice, and a Power Smash GT.

Into the depths

The third part will be the introduction of a half dozen new galaxies into the game, the headquarters of both the SHining Crusade and PYRITE. Both the crusade and PYRITE have learned from the mistakes of their forbearers, and instead of having a single galaxy chain HQ like Tempust, have several. These would be multi system dungeons similar to Colored EMpires or UZ in size. Each dungeon would have 2-3 bosses of each ship type in the faction, with some ships repeated as necessary (Different boss obviously). Again, each level would have a mix of ships to create a combined challenge for players.

THis addition is intended both to encourage teamwork at early levels as well as enhance the overall game and fill the gap above mentioned.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:40 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Post Re: Plug the 500 to 1100 AI ship gap
Rosemary, level 500-550
MF Rosemary, level 900 ish
MF2 Slumber, level 650 ish
MF3 Slumber, level 1000
Vulture, level 1100
Big Green, level 750
Sniper Big Green, level 900
Cleft Claw, level 1200 (but easy enough where it should be level 800)
MF Nephil, level 900

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:27 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Max235 wrote:
Rosemary, level 500-550
MF Rosemary, level 900 ish
MF2 Slumber, level 650 ish
MF3 Slumber, level 1000
Vulture, level 1100
Big Green, level 750
Sniper Big Green, level 900
Cleft Claw, level 1200 (but easy enough where it should be level 800)
MF Nephil, level 900

So that is all of what, 6 AI for levels 500 - 1000 vs 30 for levels 0 - 500. Ty, i am glad to have your support maxa.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:34 pm

It would be nice if there were more AI, as leveling outside DGs seem to get dominated by one or two types of AI, but there's plenty of AI's in the dgs themselves. And this is ignoring the major AI factions (which I forgot to list the level 750 MF Juju AI) of UrQa, Aveksaka, and Olympus (iirc one of them is in the 900 range).

Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:10 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Maxathon's list isn't extensive, just in EF layer for roamers there are:
Equanimity
Rosemary
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Rock Hudson
Asteroid Shipper
Spice Girls (special variations of each of the spice pirate ships)
Slumberchrome
Dark Transport
Inequanimity
Shadow Turtle
Pax Astralogica
Big Green
Earthforce Frigate
Interdiction Frigate
Mr. Wyrm
Ur'Kii Jujuso'Qa
Earthforce Destroy
Vulture
Forgone
Earthforce Cruiser

Other layers are a little less well populated, iirc I updated DGs to include the new AI I added a while ago. This list could be missing some that have been added since or have been tweaked, as I collected that data a few years ago now.

Support

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:56 am

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Maxathon's list isn't extensive, just in EF layer for roamers there are:
Equanimity (below level threshold)
Rosemary (already said)
The Scarlet Pimpernel (Uber AI)
Rock Hudson (Uber AI)
Asteroid Shipper (below level threshold)
Spice Girls (special variations of each of the spice pirate ships) (They are mean for level 500 AI)
Slumberchrome (level 300, which doesn't count, level 600, which barely count, and level 1000, which is DG exclusive)
Dark Transport (below level threshold)
Inequanimity (level 550 iirc, barely reaches threshold)
Shadow Turtle (level 550 range too)
Pax Astralogica (level 400)
Big Green (already said)
Earthforce Frigate (Uber AI, roams lower DF)
Interdiction Frigate (Uber AI, roams lower DF)
Mr. Wyrm (Uber AI)
Ur'Kii Jujuso'Qa (Uber AI)
Earthforce Destroyer (Uber AI, roams lower DF)
Vulture (already said)
Forgone (above level threshold)
Earthforce Cruiser (Uber AI)

Other layers are a little less well populated, iirc I updated DGs to include the new AI I added a while ago. This list could be missing some that have been added since or have been tweaked, as I collected that data a few years ago now.

Marked.

You might as well state that roaming Bart, Marco, Sputty, Nate, and Captain Albatross are included as "normal roaming AI".

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:10 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Except most of those roaming bosses are doable by characters in the 250-500 level range.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:11 pm

anilv wrote:
Except most of those roaming bosses are doable by characters in the 250-500 level range.

True, but they're unique ai. I'm not going to say you should try leveling off Bana King in PPS because that's a roaming AI.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:50 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

It would be nice to have some level 900 Rosemaries and 1000 Slumbers roaming in warp 3 EF layer. Add two more AI to the list (one for each arm of EF) and it would fill out nicely I think.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:53 pm