Main: Meener
Level: 2797

Post Meenies t23 Vision
Greetings Pilots,

Some ideas on an interesting T23 expansion. This is just a first pass / draft of an idea.
if there is interest , i will attempt to flesh it out a little more.

First of all, some infrastructure requirements that would allow it to function as planned.

Temporary Dynamic Electro Magnetic Wormholes

These Wormholes can appear at any time in at least the Wildspace Layer and maybe even in Earthforce layer too.

These Wormholes will connect one area of the verse to another. They will spawn and last for no more than a couple of days. when one does spawn, The EM Field it creates will render any Permanent Drones and Bases within "X" km unable to target players. These Wormholes can be destroyed with a couple of minutes of Radiation Weapon Dmg.

As these Wormholes appear across the Verse, their massive energy output Causes any nearby Bindomite sources to catalyze into the new resource Zendomite.

Zendomite is an incredibly strong new Alloy that can be used for many purposes, but is the core ingredient in the new wave of Ships and equipment commonly known as Tech 23.

This revolution of Material Science has brought with it an evolution of violence The fight to control Zendomite resources for the hour that it takes to extract is the root cause of the recent "Zen Raids".

A pvp and crafting focused expansion.

While promoting squad based combat that is focused on a specific goal for a short period of time that does not require Declarations of War. Teams will compete against each other to obtain Zendomite. unlike all other items, Zendomite can drop from destroyed player ships?

if a team wishes to avoid combat at that time, they have the option to destroy the wormhole, but this also causes the resource to become unobtainable.

Scanning Scouts / Haulers will make the squad composition varied and suitable to lower skill / equipped pilots at the same time giving them an important role in the event.

Resources must be shipped to the teams processing refinery at their HQ.

This might also be a good reason to have combat slaves guarding key locations in a teams HQ ?

Edit 1:

A new HQ base item: Long range Scanning Array.

when activated, a team has the ability to scan the distant universe for potential Wormhole Activity. the results become more accurate the closer the wormhole is, and the higher the tech lvl of the scanner. each cycle takes 10 minutes to run and will output a list of upto 5 potential Gal's that scouts should go investigate. only 1 of these results will be the EM WH.

This Scanning Array can then be activated with another base item or even a modified warp becon" to create a Wormhole to the Target Gal.

Multiple teams will be able to connect to 1 destination.

( These results are not in the home teams claimed space and is the basis of the pvp aspect)

Edit 2:

when an EM WH is about to spawn in a teams claimed gal, they receive an event notice in team chat, with up-to 1 hour's? notice to give the home team / defender a little advantage in preparation.

Edit 3:

This expansion uses all existing mechanics and assets, possibly needed just a new graphic and animation for the WH and minimal coding on the copy/paste level to create the events which are very similar to how prospected resources are generated. the only potential challenge i see is turning off a gal's bases and drones for the event.

Edit 4:

A Team may wish to maximise the chance and frequency of EM WH Events in their claimed Gal's. This can be done with a base upgrade item in every claimed gal
"EM Field Amplifier"

This item is powered by Dark MAtter? and constantly increases the chance of an event happening. up to 24 can be stacked in 1 base. Each 1 represents an increase of 1Hour, starting from mid-day in the probability of an event taking place.

Last edited by Meenie on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:40 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Post Re: Meenies t23 Vision
I'm not sure this is an expansion so much as it is a means of acquiring resources for an expansion. You don't have any new boss fights or gals, so I'm not sure calling it an expansion is accurate. At least, with your current draft of it.

You also are not doing anything with the wormhole connections you spoke of. If you removed the wormholes, and simply made it a graphical effect in place of the wormhole that doesn't connect to points to one, you really don't lose anything because there was nothing there to begin with for the wormholes. They're just temporary juxtapositions of some kind that serve no real purpose.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:07 am

Thank you for your reply Sun, I would however contest that your reply should be aiming more for "constructive criticism" than just looking for every possible hole.

If i didn't have the Traders Badge i am sure that would have been a very different reply

I made 1 ommission, in that the long range scanner can be used in conjunction with another device to create a WH to the target Gal. i will edit the original page.

1) Allow other teams from a remote location, to warp to the Target / resource active Gal, where they can then attempt to take said resources from under the "home" teams nose. this is the main function of the base upgrade long range scanner type device.

2) To avoid the totally unbalanced and overwhelming firepower a small Raiding team would encounter when trying to leave the Resource active Gal with said resources, while having a temp pvp flag.

3) To give Raiders the element of surprise against a defender that knows their timer is soon due.

where teams can not just collect their own resources but raid other teams resources.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:06 am

Oh In addition, as i said, if there is interest, i will flesh out the details more. im not going to create every boss encounter and zone for you. this is just a way to start it off.

the foundation of it, if you will. have some imagination Sun.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:10 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

I found Sundog's feedback to be fair and balanced...

I will say that I'm all for some T23 content being based in Wildspace and having resources/bosses/etc whose access points spawn intermittently in various teams territories would be awesome.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:29 pm
Contributor

It doesn't matter to me whether you're on my team, you're on an enemy team, or on no team at all. I simply have a problem with you calling it an expansion when it's currently little more than a resource acquisition system for a new zone / tech level. It doesn't matter who you are, your current position has no effect on the quality of a suggestion. I'm also not sure what imagination has to do with this. Your idea is clearly a method of resource acquisition for a new zone / tech level and is intended to encourage PvP at the least. This is fine, really, but it isn't an expansion. As you said, it's a way to start an expansion off.

Without the method of creating artificial wormholes to reach a resource acquisition zone, the wormholes were not fleshed out and seemed random, with no purpose. With targeted wormhole creation, this gives more purpose to the wormholes. Overall, you have a goal, and a purpose. You only lack a use for it all, which is fine, as that wasn't the goal of this suggestion (i.e. having Zaphragi appear as enemies once more, the goal seems to me to be one of encouraging PvP).

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:13 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

SunDog60 wrote:
It doesn't matter to me whether you're on my team, you're on an enemy team, or on no team at all. I simply have a problem with you calling it an expansion when it's currently little more than a resource acquisition system for a new zone / tech level. It doesn't matter who you are, your current position has no effect on the quality of a suggestion. I'm also not sure what imagination has to do with this. Your idea is clearly a method of resource acquisition for a new zone / tech level and is intended to encourage PvP at the least. This is fine, really, but it isn't an expansion. As you said, it's a way to start an expansion off.

Without the method of creating artificial wormholes to reach a resource acquisition zone, the wormholes were not fleshed out and seemed random, with no purpose. With targeted wormhole creation, this gives more purpose to the wormholes. Overall, you have a goal, and a purpose. You only lack a use for it all, which is fine, as that wasn't the goal of this suggestion (i.e. having Zaphragi appear as enemies once more, the goal seems to me to be one of encouraging PvP).

FWIW I believe the wormholes are so that people can access the gal without going through the team's borders.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:39 pm
Contributor

anilv wrote:
FWIW I believe the wormholes are so that people can access the gal without going through the team's borders.

Okay, that makes more sense actually. Although you'd have to discover which wormhole leads to it, if the wormholes always lead to a single juxta gal (not like the juxtas atm, more like Quasispace from SC2), then you'd probably automatically know where all the wormholes are once you find one. On the other hand, /ap quasi and then it'll auto-tell you where to go, and even fly you there.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:50 am