Post Christmas & Letter Competition
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/announcements ... mpetition/

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:52 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Lightning Bolt
Level: 11163

Post Re: Christmas & Letter Competition
Dear Santa,
All I want for Christmas is a fix for suntanking, I promise I'll put it to good use <3

/me Jiggles
Kanga

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:56 pm
Main: flo02
Level: 2631

Dear Space Santa,

Please bring back c1 and all its awesome t20 pvp

Signed,

flo02

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:25 am
Main: Doran!
Level: 7005

Quote:
Dear Astro-Santa,

The letter you just received from Kanga is fake news.

Signed,
Doran!

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:20 am
Main: Doran!
Level: 7005

Quote:
Dear Astro-Santa,

This christmas I'm unable to hunt down Astro-Grinch due to a malfunction in the maneuvring systems of my spaceship. I know how much trouble he makes up in Perilous Space, so I'm just hoping that there are other Sonatians out there who can deal with Astro-Grinch's humbuggery. However, I've heard that you're looking for help in returning some of your elves to Lapland. I'll try to do my best in assisting you this universe,
but for this I'm myself in need of some help from you.

If you could supply me with a new hull expander for my ship, I would be able to store away all my scrap and rubble which is floating around in my ship inventory. A cleaner and bigger ship hull would mean I could transport more elves at the same time, and they would also have a more comfortable ride to Lapland.

Now I need to install some new Red Christmas Lights on my ship, so that you can see me coming when I arrive at Lapland.

Have a merry christmas!

Signed,
Doran!

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:34 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Dear Santa
please allow your elves to write the fourth line of code that gets us onto steam
I understand they have completed lines 1-3
cheers
Buzzy

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Team: Merchant Waffen Division
Main: Schuldiner
Level: 3912

floflo02 wrote:
Dear Space Santa,

Please bring back c1 and all its awesome t20 pvp

Signed,

flo02

This and prolonged bans reparations shiiiiiiet

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:47 am
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

Quote:
Dear Astro Santa,

Tis I, your favorite devious timelord, the one and only Chrono. I know you missed me!

Now, I know we may have gotten off on the wrong foot last Christmas, with all the threats and namecalling on my part. However, I wanted to let you know that I have genuinely changed since then. My heart grew at least 15 sizes last Christmas, and now with my enlarged aorta, I plan to march to the beat of the genuine goodness that flows from within... To that end, I'd like to give something back to you, come on down to the Christmas Cannery on Earth Central station on Christmas day and I'll buy you a nice peasant steak with a side of space oat coleslaw and some fine space whiskey nog. I just wanted to show you how genuinely I appreciate your efforts to get me what I ask for every year...

...who am I kidding, you've never really gotten me anything ever! Last Christmas I said that you got me what I wanted, but that was a lie, the truth is I FARMED FOR THAT ANGER AUG. My blood, sweat, and tears floated out the airlock trying to get that stupid dragon to drop the essence of his vexation. So you know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna take you down Santa, I am going to expose the truth of what you are to the universe. The fact that you're a lying scumbag intent on destroying the hopes and dreams of every noob, scrub, and pleb in the cosmos will no longer be shielded behind the veil of ignorance!

It's really too bad too, I had such a good lineup of what I wanted for Christmas. My list included a couple gift wrapped exploits I could report so that I can get mods on my Bule Eradicator's cloak, a sweater with Hober Mallow's nerf face on it, and a calendar that has a picture of an adamantium kit suntanking on a different star for every month. I carefully crafted this list to perfection and come to find out you won't ever get me any of it because you are a filthy con man!

Now, I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking to harvest the hopes and dreams of little aspiring scrublords everywhere to power your nightmarish schemes I can tell you I don't have any, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you get me what I want for Christmas this year that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will hand you over to the grinch bound and gagged, but not before I eat all your cookies and milk in front of your sorry excuse for a jolly physique.

Now you may be thinking to yourself, "Didn't some guy say that in a movie?" To which I would respond, "I'm a timelord, I say everything first!"

I'm coming for you Santa, and nothing, not even your well-armed elf militia or your scary abominable snowman is gonna keep me from kicking your entitled buttocks.

Indubitably yours,

~ Chrono

Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:01 am
Main: Deceleration
Level: 10582

Quote:
Dear Santa,

Please fix the terrible trade slave UI.

Decel

Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:18 am
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Quote:
Dear Astro Santa,

I understand that you're a busy being and surely have little time for the politics of plebeian players, so I wrote a haiku to keep you informed of current events:

BvB in progress,
is not an exploit,
when suns tank.

As for myself, all I want this Christmas is a mining splash weapon to spread the holiday cheer!

Signed,
The Salty One

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:37 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Quote:
Dear Astro Santa

I only have one wish for this christmas.

For winter to never end.

In summer I would have to get a job and work. I'd also have to go outside and have awkward interactions. I would prefer cold weather so I can just stay indoors and play all day.

-Blizzara

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:36 am
Team: Traders League
Main: Lazerus
Level: 2345

Dear Astro-Santa,

I could say that its been too long since I delved into the Star-Sonata Universe, or I could say that its not been long enough, but if I was to return, I'd want just a few things for Christmas, and not just for myself, but more importantly for everybody else!

* If only the bases could be configured with anything and everything you could possibly think of putting onto them again Santa; we all used to love it so much to fool around with strange gear, or particular augs, filling up all sorts of diffuser slots, using that Ablative Armor, and perhaps maxing out series's of Solar Panels etc, bunching up all sorts of stuff to make our Base's unique and indifferent!

* If only bases fired their weapons as quick as they used too, and any type of weapon you'd like, as they used to Santa - that sort of action was what defined our favourite game as being the best, santa, you remember... Right? I'd give you a tissue to wipe away a tear about that Santa, but I'm all out of tissues! hehe.

* If only ships weapons, and drone's for that matter, fired with the individual rates and repetetiveness (rof) akin to their type as they used to Santa! Was so much fun, as you surely remember, to blast away, or straif, or pound, or give a quick poke; it made for such particular characteristic style that made players stand apart from others Santa, If only.....

* If only the rendering of a laser-shot (in particular Santa!) was done as fast as it used to, like back in the good old Client-1 days, Santa, and it could be said also for other weapons too Santa, but Its just too much of a pity to see laser shots take too many frames to hit their target, after the targets felt your wrath Santa...

* If only the good old Developers kept the game compatable with older versions of Visual-C library's Santa, then we humble old space-fairers wouldnt have to load up that bloaty "Service-Pack-3" for tyerd old Windows-XP Santa!

* If only these new Developers took a look at the "Astro Flux" universe Santa, they'd realise just how much action can be afoot with so LITTLE amount of Data being downloaded Santa, no joke; it makes it seem as if the Paxian's are consipiring with the Arcadian's to torrent what little Internet data we old players can afford Santa!! Star Sonata 1 used to perform at these low data-rates, as I'm sure you remember, Santa, its such a pity..... and perhaps a shame, Santa!

Christmas for all the folk that remain to play Star-Sonata-2 could be so much better Astro Santa, perhaps you could talk to Adum about some back to the old-school action filled fun days again Santa?

"Dont Party TOO Hearty" Astro Santa, or it might be your last!

Sincerely,

From Lazerus.

;-}

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:05 am
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

lazerus wrote:
bloaty "Service-Pack-3" for tyerd old Windows-XP Santa!

Finally made the leap and upgraded from your TI-83+ Laz?

Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:00 am
Main: P S S Metal
Level: 5363

Dear Astro-Santa

To put it bluntly, you are terrible. The first time you fouled the universe for almost two weeks, it took too many flight commanders and prawn snipers to finally make you retreat. Since then you have been hiding in this "lapland", making people think there were two of you, one being invincible. Only now you have been evicted by this entity only known as Bobbo, conveniently when both flight commanders and prawn snipers were touched by the nerf god. Coward.

Now to your evil deeds. You placed a hat on the sun. Do you understand how much light that blocks? Good news, global warming is no longer a thing, neither is 20% of the food produced by the earth. You also placed hats on my fleet of miner helgas. The pilots can no longer see out their cockpits. I lost too many expendable...uh I mean valuable workers this way. You also made my super phunka pilot jealous, she questions why her ship also didn't get a hat. Please try to be equal in your punishments.

Next is your incompetence as santa. Almost all people live in colonies found in the wild space layer. Where do you choose to roam? Perilous space of course. Where there's mutant mzungu, drug addicts and birds. Are you implying that pirate drug addicts are better beings than the peaceful colonies of wild? (This is totally not to bring you to a place with 20 adamantium stations).

Every year, lapland opens up again. Somehow in the exact moment it does, some of your elves get captured. How are you so bad at defending them with a nigh invincible ship?

Next is your presents you drop behind when defeated. We all know you drop tokens meant to be traded in for completely random prizes from one of your elves. Are you trying to encouraging gambling? Also, your Christmas spirits don't teach anyone about anything but how to be a spirit themselves.

In conclusion, you are worse than the grinch, at least his drops are useful.

Sincerely,
Pax

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:38 am
Team: Fraternity Unit
Main: South
Level: 3055

Quote:
Dear Astro Santa,

I only made my account the other day and to be honest - this game has changed my perception of Christmas. I used to think that it was all about giving, enjoying time with family and unwinding from the stress and struggles of our faced paced world.

My time in the Nexus has shown me the way.

I want rations. Those things are god damn amazing. I just fill my hull up with them and they're gone by the time I get back to a spacebase because I have eaten them all.

The problem is, the Volcom pirates keep attacking me as I search for my sweet sweet nectar.

Any chance you can help me out here bud? I'd even settle for a stronger Cadet's Beam to take those ration-pinatas down!

Yours unsatiated,

South

Last edited by Lime on Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:16 pm