Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

Post Transfer Bots
How about trade bot options that can transfer goods without the need for money exchange. So Take Metals, Give Metals for example. This could also be used to transfer goods to ships and bases.

Let's say my Phunka has an option: Take Abstructor from X System, Jump to Sol, Dock, Give Abstructor to Singularity Sphere. So if you wanted to stockpile Personal Computers or Entertainers you could transfer them over time to your storage, saving players time and energy.

Whaddya think?

https://sect.news/

Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:45 am
Profile WWW
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Post Re: Transfer Bots
I am not sure the current system would even let us add non-commodities to a trade bot's orders if we added it, though it's likely that would work. Transferring to a docked ship though would definitely require some work to get done, so I imagine it would have to go to when trade bot orders are redone (though this would definitely be a cool feature). Being able to also set them to not use credits if the base is setup for that would also be nice, as an alternative option when setting up trade orders.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:14 am
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

There might be some ancient code obstacles to adding non-commodities to bot orders. I do agree that there should be a transfer option available for bots, since not every transaction makes sense to cost credits.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:18 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

Would be nice to have this even if trade bots are limited to commods still. Its an annoyance when setting up extraction/prod/ic bases to ensure that the prices are setup so the bots or other stations dont run out of credits.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:48 pm