Team: Insectoids
Main: Beetle
Level: 536

Post New Loading-Picture Contest
Some time ago, you used to be able to change the loading-screen image, but these days it would seem that the image is embedded into the executable, as changing the file in the folder has no effect. I'd like to see it become non-embedded once again.

I propose that there be a contest held (after a patch to allow changing the file) for a new Loading-Screen for SS! And quite simply, the winner get's 10sp's, or enough for a month subscription!

I think this would be a load of fun, as there is heaps of enthusiasm for SS around the place, and I'm sure there would be a wealth of contestants that would no doubt produce some stunning alternative's to the tierd old Death-Striker image we're all used to seeing.

Obviously the idea is that the winners image would then replace the old one in the directory apon next client patch. To the point where users can then change to their own if they wish, or can rejoice in the new one!

Sooo.... "How about it?" Admins, please?? Hehe.

:-)

Mon May 21, 2018 5:12 am
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

Post Re: New Loading-Picture Contest
Hello, I floated this with the dev team and learned that you can still customize the login picture. Here's what they said.

Code:
You can change your background, you'll just have to delete "cache\dds_low\default\ui\images\misc\loading.jpg.dds", and dds_high too

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue May 22, 2018 9:18 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

If you need any help with modding your client's loading screen image, let me know on either here or Discord and I can help you out, either with walking you through the modding process or by giving you a pre-made loading screen mod to look at. It's fairly simple, and once you know how you can edit the graphics of a some other things to better fit your desires.

Tue May 22, 2018 10:21 am
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

Markoz offered to make a new login screen. Admins shot down the idea.

Wed May 30, 2018 2:20 pm