Main: Dr Shrimp Puerto Rico
Level: 209

Post Did we lose all our characters at some point?
I haven't played this in years and now that I downloaded the client and logged in I have no characters. I'm pretty sure this account had characters before (it was my f2p account) and when I try to create my character names it says they're already in use.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:55 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Did we lose all our characters at some point?
Hello and welcome back to Star Sonata. A long time ago there were some purges of inactive free-to-play characters. I see your account was created in 2009--it is possible that there was a purge not long after that, although I had thought the last one was earlier.

On the plus side, the free-to-play restrictions have been dramatically lifted since you last played. Here's a reasonable summary of what can now be done for free in the game.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:52 pm

My main account can't log in because of my main character's level. I'll make a new character on this account and check things out. Nothing more fun for me than irradiating ships and taking them over so unless things have changed drastically over the years I'll have to find myself a prismatic converter.

I think.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:40 pm
over 9000!

MrSparkle wrote:
My main account can't log in because of my main character's level. I'll make a new character on this account and check things out. Nothing more fun for me than irradiating ships and taking them over so unless things have changed drastically over the years I'll have to find myself a prismatic converter.

I think.

You can certainly still irradiate ships and capture them, provided you have the necessary skill in Remote Control and the core skills (e.g. Weaponry, Engine) to use whatever gear is equipped on the enemy ship.

If the game won't let you log into your main account, it sounds like that account had at one time a paid subscription. It remains the case that such accounts cannot revert to free status.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:00 am

anilv wrote:
You can certainly still irradiate ships and capture them, provided you have the necessary skill in Remote Control and the core skills (e.g. Weaponry, Engine) to use whatever gear is equipped on the enemy ship.

If the game won't let you log into your main account, it sounds like that account had at one time a paid subscription. It remains the case that such accounts cannot revert to free status.

Exactly, it used to be paid.

Is there a new wiki somewhere? I'm sure so much has changed (besides the updated graphics) that I won't recognize a lot, especially classes.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:54 pm
over 9000!

Here's an example from the wiki on how the combat classes work now. They are the same eight as they were when you last played, but their acquisition method is different now.

http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/Speed_Demon_Class

Focus, class, and subskills only go up to level 3, but each level gives a much bigger bonus than before. You also now are able to choose three advanced subskills out of a larger pool. These advanced skills range in functionality and help you customize your character.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:19 pm