Team: Suns of Hades
Main: brindlebull
Level: 5143

Post Your fond early SS memories?
I was just wondering if anyone had fond memories they can still remember to share. Ones of certain interactions they've had in this game from when they joined, ones that stuck and left an impression that they can recall back on.

I wanted to ask in case many eventually forget what fond memories got them to stick around for as long as they have; maybe the reasons they like returning. I noticed over all this time that it actually does become harder to look back at it all in vivid detail.

It can be memorable wars you were involved in or effected you, old teams, groups of notorious/renown players, vivid altercations you came across, things you learned from SS that helped irl, or anything memorable you've experienced together with another player.
:)

Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:21 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Your fond early SS memories?
Ken le survivant in a Wing 4 killing Blue Betas with an Incinerator. He let me tag along in my f2p Hotrod. This would have been May or June 2005.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:38 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: iamswingarm
Level: 5447

Spring 2005-In Bizman's galaxy flying an F-Wing marking AI and having the bases kill them. This is how I got a Zeus aug that I sold to -_- for 5 bil, what an insane amount of money!!

Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:21 am
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

Been on a team called Fair is Fair. Building top tier shit bases, making enemies with Noboco and then he places an Argonaut drone and wiped my gal. This was in 2006 or 2007.

I remember only using paxian ships and I didn't knew drone ops even existed. So I was A shit tier engineer flying arround in a serenity using Magic Attacks and Arson drones thinking I was hot shit.

Fucking Noboco killed me so many times with his fwing f2p simply because he tractored me away from my drones.

I had to make a new character mimicking the name of FlyFast KillHard just to stop being grieved by that dude.

Those were some fun fucking times.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:50 pm
Team: Fireflies
Main: Dr Feelgood
Level: 5893

That one evening in 2013 when brendon and blake decided to pvb RE space. We did a little damage and that's how it all started because RE hated me forever for that.
Brendon's zerk heph machine was too op though

Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:36 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: reaper pride
Level: 5779

Joining LC early 07. Being warred by Toxic and Traders at uni reset. Vowing to level up and defeat Toxic. Only reason I went P2P.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:10 pm
Main: flo02
Level: 2631

blowing up stationary bases with banana jux

Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:08 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Sypom3 wrote:
Been on a team called Fair is Fair.

God I fucking hated that team with a passion. They were so annoying.

A fond early SS memory...hmmm... when I saw my first DF 300 DG shortly after joining Resident Evil, and was utterly gobsmacked by about 5 rooms of Green Battleships. I believe it was Tragic Sky Perfect.

Or when I finally had enough money to change class, so I'd stop being the worst speed demon ever to exist and actually start progressing as a Gunner spamming Large APs.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:18 am
Main: devMin001
Level: 4

Can't remember who it was (Edit: the team was iWin!), but I remember when there was a one man team attacking all of the larger teams using guerrilla warfare and a type of grief where they would get bases to drain themselves out, the whole community was up in arms about it, but was so much fun watching the drama unfold.

A really good early memory was when I was in f2p when I was 11 (2003), and I built a tiny ass base in the Labyrinth and spent so long on it to survive, only for it to be killed by the AI which had come on a crash course from so far away over like 4 days.

This game will always hold a special place in my heart, so nostalgic, back when I had to play on dial up and anyone calling the phone would lag me out and I would die.

(This is xXAiDzXx from Umbrella Corp btw, had to use an alternate account)

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:11 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: TranquilityX
Level: 1796

My credit card billing get higher.

TranquilityX | TranquilityY | TranquilityZ | ForsakenX | ForsakenY | ForsakenZ | DreamX | DreamY | DreamZ | EternalX | EternalY | EternalZ | AltX | AltY | AltZ | BlackX | BlackY | BlackZ | GodX | GodY | GodZ |

Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:49 am
Team: Interstellar
Main: tr1p1ea
Level: 3130

Playing beta before the game launched p2p - and the devs giving me a free month :).

When I got podded and your ship was locked out after 1hr or something if you didn't return lol. Also when tl on augs didnt matter so much.

Or maybe when tobal exploited the game to death but never got in trouble for it...

The game was a lot more enjoyable then when people on the internet were helpful instead of sour. Not so much an SS issue though.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:14 am
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

Being on PC and the universe with the Progress War. Labrador Wow Wow was extremely active that universe and TG had her kid!

The Progress War was one of the cleanest I can remember from that time and both sides seemed to have fun, we learned a heck of a lot and managed to not get wiped out. Progress was this end game team of legends, it was spooky when we got warred.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:45 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Chaosking3 wrote:
Being on PC and the universe with the Progress War. Labrador Wow Wow was extremely active that universe and TG had her kid!

The Progress War was one of the cleanest I can remember from that time and both sides seemed to have fun, we learned a heck of a lot and managed to not get wiped out. Progress was this end game team of legends, it was spooky when we got warred.

The Progress war was amazing to watch. They had too many ada kits, lol.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:43 pm
Team: Cookie Monsters
Main: Miwcs
Level: 4953

So many fun memories years ago. Trying to get piloting 20 and constantly being killed by Reaver (The player not AI) and having Quantum drag my backside through it. Doing runs with Hermes and the rest of Pants... All the wars, getting my Zebra then eventually getting in a bidding war with a friend on Traders to get a Lion commod. Triple clienting my way through all the content so I could have multiple UZ ships on each character just for laughs.

Was a good time.

When I quit is was a bit funny too, watching how fast my accounts got demoted when I said they were going to a new owner, even though it was in team xD

Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:08 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

anilv wrote:
Ken le survivant in a Wing 4 killing Blue Betas with an Incinerator. He let me tag along in my f2p Hotrod. This would have been May or June 2005.

I did that too, Wing 4 with incinerator was very good for a while. Even took out Gammas with it and leveled pretty fast.

Scyron getting me piloting 20 was a pretty cool moment, he used a stealthy Pax Astro and dropped drones to kill the AIs while I went around in a stealthy Locust to scoop the commods.

Winning Emp by placing the palace at the boss level of a DG was pretty cool. Cant take credit for coming up with that brilliant idea but I was defending the DG at the first level in my Shrimp.

Having one of the first Death Strikers in the game, it was so OP back then that even though I didnt aug it very well it was the strongest ship in the game.

Being on Olympus with the legendary Calypso, I loved that team.

My best times in the game was at the low levels when everything was new, starting to be such a long time ago that I have forgotten a lot of it and forgotten a lot of the cool players I played with. Tarikn2, Scyron, Tobal, Yurble, Sicuro, Retyu, Calypso, Bizman, SerjicalStrike, trance, Jey123456...

Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:04 am