Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Post Feedback thread for Drone Rebalance
https://www.starsonata.com/blog/first-i ... rebalance/

Please direct all feedback to this thread.

Edit v5: 6th Iteration of Drone Rebalance.

• Healing drone HPS has been reduced by roughly ~55%. This puts them just behind the healing of a Shield Monkey at Tech 22. In conjunction with the buffed Transference Facilitator tractor beam, they will surpass a Shield Monkey's healing against a single target.
  • Samgrahaka Bhisajvar's have had the electricity costs on their weapon reduced, they should be able to power their weapon in most situations.
  • Mythic Defender have had their bonus Shield Regeneration removed, and their range has been increased.

Quote:
EDIT v4: This is the 5th Iteration of the Drone Rebalance! We're getting closer to completion!

• Set all inbuilt energy regeneration on drones to 0. The only regeneration they get is from an actual Energy now.
  • TBFD 9000 drones have had their super item removed, DPS value changed, and electricity usage adjusted.
  • Mad Kidd and Mad Kidd+ are now mobile again. Their DPS has been reduced as a result of being mobile. The Kidd Thorax has increased engine delay (similar to a normal thorax), and reduced projectile acceleration (similar to a normal thorax). They should also be able to fire for a lot longer before banking out.
  • Twisted Extensive and Leech drones should have less issues with sustain. Twisted Leech Charge Drone: The DPS of the laser is now similar to the healing weapon, but positive. The drone does negative self damage whenever it hits a target with the weapon. Twisted Extensives have significantly increased range.
  • Vervaardiger drones were doing too much damage, so the damage was toned down and I got rid of the physical beam weapons. They also have larger shield and energy banks, with worse regeneration.
  • BFD9000 drones should fire for longer now.
  • Armada Charge drones received some transference efficiency so that they don't run out of shields in seconds.
  • Engineer Transfer Station and Mobile Transfer Station have had their recharge time decreased.
  • Love Cylinder drones have more electricity regeneration, and should now be better than Lipo drones.
  • All of the Strontium drones (Looter, Pilfer, Mugger, Cutpurse, Larcenist, Kleptomaniac) should fire for longer periods of time.
  • Samgrahaka Bhisajvar's now have just enough electricity to shoot their weapon.
  • Lunarian, Selenite, Solarian, Mercurian, Venusian drones have bigger energy banks but less regeneration.
  • Shard Drones and Frag Drones are trash, what should we do with them? Shard and Frag Drones are now AoE instead of Spray. Probably still trash...
  • Alpha Drone fires for longer, and has more shields.
  • Twisted Condemnation drones sustain better.
  • Twisted Blaster and Twisted Blaster Disasters have had their shields and energies changed, and no longer do self damage when firing. They are now more similar to Bule Mobile Blaster Drones.
  • Bule Mobile Blaster Drones won't bank out as fast.
  • Drones that build from Prawn Pieces are now scoopable, and many of them have reduced charge times with increased electricity costs.
  • Hybrid Kidd drones do not power for as long anymore, are mobile, and have increased engine delay on their V3 Rockets.
  • Heavy Kidd drones should sustain for longer.
  • Removed shield chargers from aura drones, reduced the electricity cost of certain Twisted drone auras (this caused them to be unable to power their auras completely, this means the Twisted Bubble and Twisted Galactic Bubble will always have a substantial periodic increase in resistances)
  • Jungle and Primal Jungle drones have been given a little more sustain and shields.
  • EDIT v4.1
  • TBFD 9000's have a LOT more energy bank
  • Honey Badger's now have burst-like weapon instead of a straight up sebastapol.
  • Armada Kidd's have had their energy bank severely reduced.
  • Chid Adiz Mardana resistances to everything but surgical reduced, increased their DPS, decrease their weapons electricity cost
  • Vervaardiger drones are now mobile, and are visually smaller as well.
Quote:
Edit v3 Fourth Iteration of the Drone Rebalance.

• Indrakoza Amzuchidvar drones now sustain better
  • TBFD9000 drones now sustain better as well, have had their range increased and have had their charge time increased to 20 seconds. They should take 6k elec per second to charge instead of 12k elec per second.
  • Kidd drones that were unscoopable are now scoopable, and last for longer periods of time. The Armada Kidd Drone's super item no longer guzzles massive amounts of electricity for only ~500 extra DPS. The Honey Badger drone is no longer Extra Tanky.
  • Aura Drones now have Quality tags.
  • Chid Adiz Mardana Var drones have better sustain, have their surgical resistance and physical resistance swapped, and shorter range.
  • Hephaestus Drones fire half as quickly, and have larger energy banks.

Quote:
EDIT v2: I have made a third set of changes! Here is what is different:

• Many DPS drones brought back in line with what they previously were, some drones have less range as a neccessity of balance. Some drones have tech level appropriate Shields, Energies, Radar's and hull resistances. For example, Kidd Drones/Tech 22 Alien Drones/Twisted Drones are the primary beneficiaries of these changes.
  • Healing drones have reduced HPS, though they will now sustain far better due to increased Shield Regeneration and less self damage.
  • Transference Facilitator Beam (Tech 5 to Tech 20) has been buffed to give Transference Vulnerability +66%-+100%, and the electricity costs have been drastically increased. This means that any target affected by this tractor beam will take increased healing. This also means that an Engineer paired with a Shield Monkey gives more total healing on an affected target than 2 Shield Monkeys or 2 Engineers.
  • All player acquirable drones now have rarity colors!
  • One drone (The TBFD9000) requires 10x the electricity to charge and deploy (120000 elec total), otherwise it wouldn't do anywhere near the old amount of DPS according to the sheet. Give me your thoughts on this after playing with it.

Quote:
EDIT: I have made a second set of changes! Here is what is different:

• Drones now have their Augmenters, AugMods and Overloaders again. This should mean that drones will have significantly more Defensive and Utility stats. The DPS/HPS changes accross the board are still true, and Samgrahaka Bhisajvar drones still have their aura removed. There may be more drones tweaked going forward, please test these changes and come back with feedback!

Last edited by MasterTrader on Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:29 am, edited 16 times in total.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:54 pm
Main: Snakeyes
Level: 5945

Post Re: Feedback thread for Drone Rebalance
Bring back Minch!

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:56 pm
Main: Spirit of the Healer
Level: 10830

Guess I will share my horrible feedback here,

1. it says positive DPS on drones with only healers, and doesn't say DPS on aura drones/perma drones.

2. Twisted Leech healers might need to get a bit of elec to help conpensate for there reduced HPS to keep them somewhat viable.

From after activly using drones on the Livetest:

These are the drones I used: Lunarians, Solarians, Twisted Leech, Twisted sup C&C/Protection, Akramavars, TBFD 9000, Twisted Extensive charge and a Bhisaj

I am mostly happy with the changes however theres a few small changes I would like to see and those would be:

1. Twisted Leech Chargers I would like to see gain about 300 range on there transference and a bit elec.

2. Lunarians/Solarians I would say need a bit more shields or resistances (on solarians
at the cost of a bit of damage).

3. Twisted Extensive Charge seems to either need a bit more Trans resistance or Shield regeneration.

4. Elec feels a bit horrible, how ever I think this is mostly a feeling from seeing the empty banks rather then actualy being horrible.

Speculation: From using the drones they feel quite a bit squishier and therefor I fear that selfimolating drones sutch as Armada Kidds, Honey badgers, Twisted Blasters etc might need some assistance in dealing with there selfdamage.

Last edited by kelly16 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:06 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Royal Jordan Hart
Level: 4211

The honorable and mighty Lord of Nerfs, I hereby inform you of a few oddities I and the other Field Engineers have found.

T21 Armada Kidd Drones have a lackluster 1K DPS, It seems a bit low.

Twisted Drones now seem to bank extremely quickly, some have petitioned for a slight increase in their electricity.

Lunarian and Selenite Drones have lost 1/2-1/3 of their shields, was it not your majesty's opinion that they were already balanced with their previous shields?

TBFD 9000's seem to be Samgrahaka Akramavar replacements, except with laser torpedo weaponry instead of mining beam weaponry, was this intended? If so, than does its still massive electricity usage when firing result from its range?

Honey Badger Drones have suffered a similar fate as the Armada Kidd Drones, inflicting extremely lacklustre DPS, very weak shields, and have very little range.

Samgrahaka Akramavars are now fragile, have lost range, but also DPS despite that already being weak, why such a thorough putting to the sword of that drone?

T20 UZ Drones that your Lordship had promised to be rehabilitated through your soothing powers do not seem to have been improved much, and still lack power for their tier.

Further testing should reveal other issues, but this is what tests have revealed so far, further tests will continue to the sub-T20 Drones.

And while rumors have circulated among the nobles that there will be a great increase in the power of drone controllers, this is yet to be seen and it would be very helpful that this be revealed to us.

Sincerely,

Royal Field Engineers

Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:00 pm
Contributor

Thank you for your feedback, I'll make note of this. Please keep the thoughts coming!

Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:08 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: ArchetypeSeven
Level: 3767

You start off saying that the intention is for the power difference between the different drones to be smaller, on the face of it this is a good thing however you follow up with all the ways in which drones are going to be nerfed, not off to the best start...

The introduction of DPS tooltips and making the power of drones easier to calculate is a good change however I would suggest reproducing the current stats in large part as the first step.

A concern is that currently content/ubers are balanced around current drone stats, will content/ubers also be nerfed as part of the rebalance? simply put if the result of the rebalance is that more characters are required to do anything of value I think you'll find people less interested in playing SS, I personally play in an odd timezone so quite often organizing people for a run isn't an option.

As an aside I wouldn't mind seeing a temporary additional class bonus per uni/month to change things up a bit. For example sniper could receive a 100% damage bonus for December and then a different class+bonus the following month/s.

ArchetypeSeven.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:37 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Zerendalus
Level: 6082

Quote:
As such, these changes will affect both under performing drones and over performing drones. The overarching plan is to make drones that are not very useful, even more useful.

any chance you guys have a spreadsheet with data on which drones got changed? would help the people testing 'em out a bunch.

here's my feedback
tested with: 2 heph gen and 1 ares offensive (drone research 5, +77% drone ops, +48% offensive ops total)

drones with self-harm weapons seem to be very fragile at the moment. Armada Inferno Drones went from 106k shields(live) to 46k(test), Vervaardiger Lance Drone Mk VIs went from 55k to 25k(this is hilarious, their shields literally bank out in ~10 seconds without a controller on).

also:
Quote:
Honey Badger Drones have suffered a similar fate as the Armada Kidd Drones, inflicting extremely lacklustre DPS, very weak shields, and have very little range.

it looks like drones with lincin weps in general seem to be weak. please reconsider the stats on them. maybe add more shields/resist?

Quote:
T20 UZ Drones that your Lordship had promised to be rehabilitated through your soothing powers do not seem to have been improved much, and still lack power for their tier.

175k to 52k shields on the Armada Charge Drones. adum christ almighty what have you done

the effects from drone controllers seem to be pretty straightforward now. i switched to an ult. range cont(+60% range) and the range on my mythic defenders went from ~1k to ~1.6k. pretty cool.

i highly suggest actually attempting content with the new drone changes. you guys are about to execute a massive change on drones, drones that engineers have been using for a long time to pull off thousands of runs. PLEASE DO NOT RUSH THESE CHANGES. give people ample time to test the drones out and convey their thoughts.

also, i appreciate the whole 'discuss this in the forums' stance you have going on. scrolling up to keep up with everyone's feedback on discord was quite the chore. i feel like people can give more constructive feedback here compared to shotgunning their opinions on the #feedback channel.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:31 am
Team: Merchant Waffen Division
Main: Schuldiner
Level: 3912

Zerendalus wrote:
Quote:

it looks like drones with lincin weps in general seem to be weak. please reconsider the stats on them. maybe add more shields/resist?

Armada Kidds were "bad" even without the nerf, yes, they had good range and cool dps with the emperor ray, but they have very bad bad sustain and the lincins literally killed them in seconds already, and considering the fact that they have 80% shield trans resist which make them almost impossible to heal, i barely used this drones, now i'm not gonna use them.

Honey badger were good, they were tanky, sustainable and they had only 130k-140k(with my setup) bank before the nerf(this is compared to other drones), the drawback was the range around 400-500 and tracking that is literally 0, because they use a lincin. With the changes, they don't sustain, they have 39k shield(lol), and they still don't have tracking and range(they have like 50range... now), to sum up they will be useless now.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:47 am
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

I think this hasn't been mentioned enough: The drones are all super squishy.
Samgrahaka Akramavars, for exemple, went from 316k shields to 67k shields.
They also went to about 900ish range, and their dps went to shit -they can't sustain their shots anymore.

Keep in mind, Samgrahaka Akramavar used to have 9ish k range, fully sustainable, 75k dps and immunity to lasers.

So, all in all, these drones are less than 10% of their original strenght.

This was the engineer's bread and butter before markoz added the twisted drones. It Is shameful and a terrible disrespect to do to this drone what's being done to it now.

Engineer on test has no self defense against pvp. As it stands, they're just tractor bots in these cirumcunstances, killing an engineer will be the same as killing an AI turtoise with strong tractors.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:50 am
Contributor

Your voices have been heard, I'll have the second iteration ready sometime this week with all of your feedback taken into account.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:39 pm
Main: Spirit of the Healer
Level: 10830

The drones seem alot more similar to the live versions, one of the biggest problems I've had so far is having enought range on drones to either Heal or damage from a somewhat safe distance, my curent strategy is basicly laying a tank drone and have healers/DPS from a distance but as AI swap to other drones if they are closer then the tank one it more or less imposible to have your drones in a location where the ai wont swap to it and it can do what its ment to (healing the tank drone or damaging the enemy/enemies)

Only 2 drones I would activly complain about are Twisted leech ( about 1100 range on shield trans with 140% drone ops) and TBFDs (feels like they do no damage, have to be in the range of a immolation wep to fire and have a torpedo so if enemies go over it they take no damage at all from it)

Last edited by kelly16 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:35 pm
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

Currently TBFD's feel like chids with worse range.
Keep in mind that the TBFD costs about 100b in price while chids are an asteroid drop.
The range nerf is ok as long as it's dps sharply increases back to at least live standarts.

I'm not sure what happened to Kidd+ but they don't seem to be shooting at all.

Solarians, Bhisajvars, triple agent, and t22 heat drones *seem* to be in an overall good spot.

Samgrahaja akramavars seem to have about the same range as in live, except with less than half the dps - 30k - and better sustain. It's fine that the drones have these limited stats as long as they can see seers at the tip of their range with a radar controller, which I'm not sure they can at the moment. I know they can't see stealthy targets at all even with radar controller on in live.
Samgrahaka akramavars costs about 150b - 400b.

Samgrahaka amzuchidavars seem to be as crappy as always, needs more range, more elec and more dps.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:37 pm
Team: Merchant Waffen Division
Main: Schuldiner
Level: 3912

MasterTrader wrote:
Your voices have been heard, I'll have the second iteration ready sometime this week with all of your feedback taken into account.

Honey Badgers are still ridiculously low HP compared to drones that even drops from dgs.

If you want to test 6 on live server just p-pm me... i will argument why they were already balanced.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Main: valkyre
Level: 5171

Sypom3 wrote:

Engineer on test has no self defense against pvp. As it stands, they're just tractor bots in these cirumcunstances, killing an engineer will be the same as killing an AI turtoise with strong tractors.

on top of that one of my engis has lost 30% shield bank ... gg for ivory towers i guess we can just eat cake then...

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:43 am
Team: Terran Empire
Main: Marcus Smythe
Level: 2671

"Samgrahaka Akramavars, for exemple, went from 316k shields to 67k shields.
They also went to about 900ish range, and their dps went to shit -they can't sustain their shots anymore.

Keep in mind, Samgrahaka Akramavar used to have 9ish k range, fully sustainable, 75k dps and immunity to lasers."

So, to be clear. A drone (one, singular, of which you can lay multiples) had...
75K DPS.
316K Shields
9K range
Immune to Lasers

:lol:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:43 am