Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Post TO Nap, On Inflation.
I just got done arguing with Maxathron, so if this comes off as a bit testy i do apologize. TO the best i can screen cap, these are your statements. If i am missing anything, do not hesitate to reply ty.

https://i.imgur.com/SSPNojx.png It was a very large image, and fo some reason the forums does not have spoilers.

Ok, first statement. I will presume you are asserting that the more people credit farm, the higher monetary inflation goes. This i agree with, it is why i have repeatedly said JYSN need to go back in the game, so people are farming to circulate the EXISTING credit supply, not generating NEW credits.

Second statement, Either i am misunderstanding what you are referring to with regard to "Time Value to Global Cost" or this is flat wrong. First, we need to cover if new players are Net Buyers or Net Sellers. Now, While farming lower level DG might get you alot of loot, most of it is not very good. If you look at my DG test results here you will note that out of 370 items only 55 where worth more then 100 million.

Pentrus stated "In my opinion the economy is perfect for getting to t20. The level of inflations makes it so you should have easily made 20b profit before reaching t20 skills" And maxa affirmed that 20 billion is about what you can expect from a run up to tech 20. But what does that get you? Dementium Stands at 1.35 billon per and you need 15 of them to make 3 t16 3 t18 stations, or 20 of them for 5 t20's. That's our 20 billion gone and we have not even made the Lac stations yet! Or augs!, Or a single Pulse Gun!

Any team trying to get members to wild space is going to need far more then the amount they generate simply be leveling, even at the most optimistic estimates. They will have to credit farm, but as we have already agreed, credit farming increases inflation, creating a feedback loop. The more they credit farm, the higher prices go, forcing them to credit farm more, again raising prices.

Now, as to raising aug prices. I hope we both understand that inflation does not effect all prices equally. For randoms reading this, inflation is an average of different inflation types, so you can have things like apartments increase dramatically while shirts stay relatively the same. SO, in our case, Damage augs are going to increase more due to demand then Thrust augs are going to.

Now, which is a player going to have to buy more of, thrust or damage augs? Obviously, our previous contention about demand dictates that they will have to buy more damage augs, possibly more then they sell. So while the player is selling augs that are of a low value, they are buying augs of a high value. In the test i conducted, a single Good Damage AUg was worth as much as all of the good Agility, Thrust, Speed, and Nimbleness augs i got put together. Even if they player is not going to wild space they are likely to want hoberian augs sooner or later. It is in terms of credits, not items, that i assert that new players are net buyers, because though they might sell hundreds or even thousands of low demand augs, the few high demand augs they buy will total more.

Now, i am not certain what you are referring to as 'Global Costs". Are you referring to that aggregate cost of all construction done each uni? The total value purchased from player shops? Can i get some clarification on this last statement please?

Mon May 20, 2019 2:50 am
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

Post Re: TO Nap, On Inflation.
Is there a reason you didn't post this as a reply to your original post? The one containing Nap's reply to you that you're responding to here, and other replies. This one.

Mon May 20, 2019 3:02 am
Main: Hyg
Level: 2790

Rend, you need to realise that people will not be T19s who'll suddenly jumping to owning WS gals the moment then hit T20... Because of this your assumptions about what is farmable are wrong. I have gotten more than 3 dementium fragments per DG pretty regularly. Your experiments with (inefficiently) running EF DGs are mostly worthless when comparing to the P2P experience with Peri space dungeons being far more rewarding.

Anyone who prioritises building WS before they even have a T20 setup are being poorly guided, and it's no wonder they'll struggle.

I agree with the other thread you didn't post in. This is a Rendghast problem, not a game problem.

Last edited by ClxS on Mon May 20, 2019 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 20, 2019 6:18 am
Main: Eblisbm
Level: 260

Yeah Rend it's a bit weird starting a new thread for the same debate. Also my 20b by tech 20 statement is being taken out of context. We were talking about the progression cost of players being able to reach t20 skills is not being negatively affected by inflation as players earn enough to set themselves up sufficiently.

We were not talking about setting up bases etc. If you want bases then it is very easy to farm the money for it as <t16 players can easily run Mira, Blanco and jungle in under and hour for an easy bil+ and then go on to farming dgs for the extra credit they need.

Will reply more when I am not on mobile.

Mon May 20, 2019 6:19 am
Profile WWW
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Nap and Retyu destroyed his arguments. And others memed him to death.

Mon May 20, 2019 8:15 am
Team: Nap
Main: Nap1
Level: 2187

Like I said in my first reply. One thing at a time. All the other stuff you said doesn't matter if there is no meaningful inflation. You've not shown any thing that says otherwise.

I know what you could say to list as proof of inflation, but I doubt you know enough about it to mention them.

And even with my knowledge of those machanics and trends it's not enough for me to think it's meaningful.

Here is a fact. There is no inflation in starsonata that changes how the game is played.
^disprove that and I might care enough to finish reading what ever else you said. Until then I just get bored and can't even finish reading any sentence.

Conversations where information isn't organized, clear, and correct aren't useful and not worth my time.

Focus on answering 1 question at a time. The question if inflation exists, if you don't I'll ignore you and I'd hope anyone that values their time will as well.

Mon May 20, 2019 3:07 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Prices looked to of levelled of or fallen on most things since a few years ago. Probably the bans and people leaving drain the money supply faster than new players can keep cash in the system. Inflation can still cause gaps:

Two guys start the game one maxes out colos gets 100b a day, the other does dg's sells 100b a day worth of gear. Mad inflation later the colo guy still only gets 100b but the dgers hoard is now worth 500b a day.

Tue May 21, 2019 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Posted reply to nap in the other thread. will continue discussion there.

Saber, you are correct in your second statement and wrong in your first, please see my reply in suggestions. Also, thank you for understanding why i hoard DG gear rather then sell it immediately.

Tue May 21, 2019 3:28 pm